Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wind turbine investment?

• 10-06-2013 8:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭

what ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭Low Energy Eng

whats the payback period?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭daheff

kevthegaff wrote: »
    what ye think?

Its hard to make a call with this level of information, but in theory yes. But in theory yes to pretty much any investment of a reasonable payback/risk profile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

what ye think?

Well if your farm is in the midlands and your in line for one (or more) of the turbines for this proposed new wind farm, at 18, 000 or so per turbine pen annum I would say hell yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

sorry 7-10 yrs but the site is v good and all cables, roadways, transformer are there already. there is scope for bigger ones with the existing 750kw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

lucky john wrote: »
    Well if your farm is in the midlands and your in line for one (or more) of the turbines for this proposed new wind farm, at 18, 000 or so per turbine pen annum I would say hell yes.
    nah im saying about investing in a new turbine itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭daheff

nah im saying about investing in a new turbine itself

how much is the investment? how much are the annual payments (dividends) to you? Are there any legal /maintenance/ongoing costs involved? whats the exit strategy? How long will the investment last?

they would be the questions I'd ask myself first before getting any further involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭md23040

what ye think?

Great idea. Irelands windy and people need energy and wind turbines fulfill that requirement. Sounds brillant.

Advertisement