Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish soccer player to be quizzed over vicious nightclub assault

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Poor bloke must've been "all shook up"!

carousel-brawl_1743173a.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Xavi6 wrote: »

Never even crossed my mind it could have been him

He's always getting himself in trouble

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Was gona ask what paper that was from but the link shows it all.

The lad and the family seem to be nut jobs. I wouldnt want to get in his way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Before I opened the thread, the first name in my head was Anthony Stokes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I assumed it was one of the International players after the Faroe Islands match which would have been out of character for most of them. Makes sense now when I see the headlines below.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Shock horror. No surprises in that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Thought he would sign contract ASAP with Celtic with him and his family being real Irish Patroits.

No shock that it is him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

On a side note, that hair line and tuft at the front makes him look 44 not 24.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Stokes family so scummy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

First name that came to my head, will never understand the stupidity of some footballers to throw away glorious opportunities at a life so many dream of having .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

Was he in the squad for the Faroes game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Stokes questioned over attacking Elvis?

Well what do you expect from someone who was brought up...

..(•_•)
    ..( •_•)>⌐■-■
    ..(⌐■_■)

....in the Ghetto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Stokes family so scummy.
    You know them?

Stokes seems to be a bit of a dope sometimes, I'll give you that, but time and time again you get crap about "how he was raised" both from the media and self appointed experts on Stokes family and childhood - in fairness his parents gave him every opportunity in life they could, including scrimping and saving to send him to a top private school. In contrast to some other footballers he comes from a very good background full of opportunity.

Now because of his political opinions, and those of his father, which they are perfectly entitled to hold, you have premature condemnation of him - I'd wait a while before passing judgment until we have all the facts. It was the same craic with his father, you had people saying sh!te about him trying to shut pubs down but the allegations turned out to be utter nonsense - like I said people need to wait and see.

I didn't like his pub in fairview, far too many fcuking TVs and wasn't in the greatest area but they had a really stringent anti drugs policy, they just weren't tolerated. They also offered a free bus a lot of the time to drop people home afterwards - unlike other publicans in working class areas he treated his customers decently.

Ever since he put up that stupid banner about the queen not being welcome (which was done to get in the paper, get some publicity etc - it wasn't serious) Stokes parents have been persecuted by the Garda - straight away they made baseless objections to his late license despite never having done so, and as I mentioned him supplying buses to take people home so no disturbances are created in the area etc.

Anyway, about Stokes, I think he is a very good footballer, and I hope Celtic get him to sign soon. He has matured a bit over the years but probably needs to do so a bit more.

Stokes family so scummy.
    You know them?

Stokes seems to be a bit of a dope sometimes, I'll give you that, but time and time again you get crap about "how he was raised" both from the media and self appointed experts on Stokes family and childhood - in fairness his parents gave him every opportunity in life they could, including scrimping and saving to send him to a top private school. In contrast to some other footballers he comes from a very good background full of opportunity.

Now because of his political opinions, and those of his father, which they are perfectly entitled to hold, you have premature condemnation of him - I'd wait a while before passing judgment until we have all the facts. It was the same craic with his father, you had people saying sh!te about him trying to shut pubs down but the allegations turned out to be utter nonsense - like I said people need to wait and see.

I didn't like his pub in fairview, far too many fcuking TVs and wasn't in the greatest area but they had a really stringent anti drugs policy, they just weren't tolerated. They also offered a free bus a lot of the time to drop people home afterwards - unlike other publicans in working class areas he treated his customers decently.

Ever since he put up that stupid banner about the queen not being welcome (which was done to get in the paper, get some publicity etc - it wasn't serious) Stokes parents have been persecuted by the Garda - straight away they made baseless objections to his late license despite never having done so, and as I mentioned him supplying buses to take people home so no disturbances are created in the area etc.

Anyway, about Stokes, I think he is a very good footballer, and I hope Celtic get him to sign soon. He has matured a bit over the years but probably needs to do so a bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

troublesome. Only a matter of time till he was in trouble again. I think the father still has something hanging over him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

If found guilty, I hope celtic sack him.

Talented player, but comes across as a horrible individual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Possibly just Garda harassment either, I'd rather wait and see the facts of the case before making judgement. I wouldn't rely on Paul Williams for facts either.

You know them?

Found the scrimping and saving part particularly hilarious. Know enough to know I shouldn't say much. But out and out scum, much like the frequenters of their old pub.

Thought he would sign contract ASAP with Celtic with him and his family being real Irish Patroits.

No shock that it is him.

Im shocked they approve of him playing a foreign game and carrying money with the Queens head on it with them being such patriots :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Possibly just Garda harassment either, I'd rather wait and see the facts of the case before making judgement. I wouldn't rely on Paul Williams for facts either.

The victim in the nightclub had his teeth and nose broken,how could that be Garda harassment?

• Advertisement

Found the scrimping and saving part particularly hilarious. Know enough to know I shouldn't say much. But out and out scum, much like the frequenters of their old pub.

If you have something to say, say it. Rather than hide behind innuendo like a complete coward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If you have something to say, say it. Rather than hide behind innuendo like a complete coward.

Wasn't a large enough quantity of cocaine found on the pubs premises? That'd make a mockery of them being anti-drugs! And then also wasnt there a raid on the pub where guns were found? Not exactly things that'd make them the most likeable people in the world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

The Fairview Inn or Kelly's ( if you're local ) was a nice quiet well run pub up to about 2006, shame really but them's the breaks.

Mushy wrote: »
    Wasn't a large enough quantity of cocaine found on the pubs premises? That'd make a mockery of them being anti-drugs! And then also wasnt there a raid on the pub where guns were found? Not exactly things that'd make them the most likeable people in the world!

No.

A small amount was found, which had been confiscated from someone who was found with some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

No.

A small amount was found, which had been confiscated from someone who was found with some.

You think you're all big and deadly, don't ya Dave!

:pac:

Not putting libel allegations on a public forum is not in any way being a coward, it would be idiotic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Is this an allusion to monies from crime? Genuine question.

Edit: Just saw it was, funny enough an anti drugs crowd got done for it. Seems like a dodgy enough background, apples dont fall far from trees do they?

Not putting libel allegations on a public forum is not in any way being a coward, it would be idiotic.
    You do know that what you wrote is defamatory yeah? What was that about idiocy?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement