Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC 2013 Maths Paper 2 - Mon. June 10th 2013 - OL and HL

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

LawdyLad wrote: »
    I got 5 also. :)
    I got 4 I think, or maybe 5, and then I crossed it out and did something eles which resulted in 41 XD. Would you say I would still get marks as I had to right answer maybe but crossed it out? XD Epic failure. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

I got 4 I think, or maybe 5, and then I crossed it out and did something eles which resulted in 41 XD. Would you say I would still get marks as I had to right answer maybe but crossed it out? XD Epic failure. :o

Probably get a few, but it's not like that question will completely dictate your result. Also, do you think that Paper 1 was harder than Paper 2 (despite all examples and previous papers being the other way around) because the state wants to release a report of how students found paper 1 harder and paper 2 easier, without informing people that they specifically changed the difficulty?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LawdyLad

If it's visible then you more than likely would!

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    Probably get a few, but it's not like that question will completely dictate your result. Also, do you think that Paper 1 was harder than Paper 2 (despite all examples and previous papers being the other way around) because the state wants to release a report of how students found paper 1 harder and paper 2 easier, without informing people that they specifically changed the difficulty?
    Uhm ... that's very debateable! I prefered the paper one ... paper two was harder opinionlly because you had to put more thought into it and it's like a puzzle. :p

Uhm ... that's very debateable! I prefered the paper one ... paper two was harder opinionlly because you had to put more thought into it and it's like a puzzle. :p

Oh, I thought Paper 2 was a charm and paper 1 was an ass. I guess they're being fair after all :L!

• Advertisement

If it's visible then you more than likely would!
    I only put one line through it :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Did anyone else get 1:4 and 1:8 in the ratio question?

What did people get for the ratio part at the end. For the curved surface area, I got 1:4 and for the volume, I got 1:8
    Anyone else get similar answers?

MomijiHime wrote: »
    I got 1:2 for area and can't remember the volume XD

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭examstress

Whats this about minutes ??

• Advertisement

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 20 emzana

yeah I got similar!

what did people get for that probability question on skiing? :P

How about the trigonometry part where you had to find the angle of elevation? I got something like 26 degrees 55 minutes if I remember correctly. It was smaller than 30 degrees for sure.

emzana wrote: »
    what did people get for that probability question on skiing? :P
    For the first part I said there was 3 ways. For the second part I got 3 over 8 but I can't remember the question haha

How about the trigonometry part where you had to find the angle of elevation? I got something like 26 degrees 55 minutes if I remember correctly. It was smaller than 30 degrees for sure.

I got the same! 25 degrees and 55 minutes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

For the first part I said there was 3 ways. For the second part I got 3 over 8 but I can't remember the question haha

I got the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 131313

What answer did people get for Q1 part D where it asked how many flagstones are needed to cover the pavement.

I got 48 :/

I said there was a 5/12 chance he'd end up at E.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Drift_King_33

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    I said there was a 5/12 chance he'd end up at E.

Same here :)

1/4+1/12+1/12 = 5/12

• Advertisement

What did you guys get for the pie chart where you had to calculate the percentage of students who kept their phones under their pillow?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

What did you guys get for the pie chart where you had to calculate the percentage of students who kept their phones under their pillow?

its 29 or 30

its 29 or 30

I got 58% :/

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭OisinLAD

what does minutes have to do with degrees? :O We never came across that.. and I think I got something like 29.9 degrees for that question???

Another question, for the co-ordinate geometry questions where you had to find the point where the line C cuts the line. I got (0,4) Did anyone else get that?

Another question, for the co-ordinate geometry questions where you had to find the point where the line C cuts the line. I got (0,4) Did anyone else get that?

i got that too but most people said like 5,9 :(

OisinLAD wrote: »
    what does minutes have to do with degrees? :O We never came across that.. and I think I got something like 29.9 degrees for that question???
    There's no real relation, you had to express you answer in Degrees and Minutes by using 2nd Function DEG which converted it to degrees and minutes. You will probably lose very few marks to be honest if any. :)

i got that too but most people said like 5,9 :(

Not possible to get 5,9 because it needs to go through C (which you were given) and be perpendicular to the given line so it was possible to verify you answer by drawing it in. Pretty sure 0,4 is correct tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭OisinLAD

(0,4) is right.

• Advertisement

Not possible to get 5,9 because it needs to go through C (which you were given) and be perpendicular to the given line so it was possible to verify you answer by drawing it in. Pretty sure 0,4 is correct tbh.

so was i but everyone was like 5,9 cause the y intercept in line c was 4 but i donno

Advertisement