Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC 2013 Maths Paper 2 - Mon. June 10th 2013 - OL and HL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

Feeling pretty confident about that test. Couple of things, firstly, what did you guys get as the ratios for the last question? I got 4:1 in both but I think that one of them should have been 8:1.

Also, for that question about mobile phones, I got a decimel. My friends, who are really good at maths, got the same. But it would't make sense to have like .3 of a person! I forget my actual answer... It didn't look right anyways.

I think I might just have scraped an A, but I'm happy with a B.

For the ratios, i didnt tun it into numbers, i just kinda wrote the first one ad then ratio to the second one so like
    2.Pi.R.H : 2.Pi.2R.2H
    and for second 1 Pi.R^2.H : Pi.2R^2.2H

For the mobile phones, a lot of people got decimals, i just did
    1421.93 = answer (not actual 1)
    You cant have .93 of a girl so approx 1422
    It was a terrible question and a lot of people got different things so they might bring down marks on it

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

Bluestrike wrote: »
    For the ratios, i didnt tun it into numbers, i just kinda wrote the first one ad then ratio to the second one so like
    2.Pi.R.H : 2.Pi.2R.2H
    and for second 1 Pi.R^2.H : Pi.2R^2.2H

For the mobile phones, a lot of people got decimals, i just did
    1421.93 = answer (not actual 1)
    You cant have .93 of a girl so approx 1422
    It was a terrible question and a lot of people got different things so they might bring down marks on it

i didnt round mine off i checked it 5 times just incase but still got .75 in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 39 3yearstudent98

Pretty happy with paper 2 came out feeling confident ( a lot more confident than paper 1) got 83% in my mocks do hoping for an A!

Q1 a-c were fine messed up on part d said he needed 6 flagstones but attempt marks should be grand

Q2
    Simple

Q3
    Got 5/12 as my last answer, hope this is right?

Q4 -9 simple

Q10
    Wasn't sure about the last two parts hmm attempted them but should get almost full marks

Q11 simple

Q12 only part wasn't sure of was e) as I got (0,4) but didn't do a simultaneous equation so not sure on that one

Q13 rounded to degrees minutes and seconds as I wasn't sure what they were so I took a guess attempt marks please!

Q14 and 15 simple

I don't want to lose more than 30 marks on this paper so hopefully ill get my A!!

Pretty happy with paper 2 came out feeling confident ( a lot more confident than paper 1) got 83% in my mocks do hoping for an A!

Q1 a-c were fine messed up on part d said he needed 6 flagstones but attempt marks should be grand

Q2
    Simple

Q3
    Got 5/12 as my last answer, hope this is right?

Q4 -9 simple

Q10
    Wasn't sure about the last two parts hmm attempted them but should get almost full marks

Q11 simple

Q12 only part wasn't sure of was e) as I got (0,4) but didn't do a simultaneous equation so not sure on that one

Q13 rounded to degrees minutes and seconds as I wasn't sure what they were so I took a guess attempt marks please!

Q14 and 15 simple

I don't want to lose more than 30 marks on this paper so hopefully ill get my A!!

your like me :D i think i lost 60 in paper one and i only want to lose 30 in paper 2 :P ill pray for you

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Jack_OLantern

Bluestrike wrote: »
    Not alot, maybe you will get 8/10 marks?

Hopefully :) although I thought it was one of my better questions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Monaghan hardy lawd

RTE News said that Q8 was wrong and everyone will get full marks for it

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

RTE News said that Q8 was wrong and everyone will get full marks for it

:O!!! Which question was question 8?!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭abcdefghijkl

That was only bisecting the angle. How was it wrong?

That was only bisecting the angle. How was it wrong?

he prob means the pie one... there is no way 8 was wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 39 3yearstudent98

What was wrong with the pie one ? You just had to round it i know it didn't say in the question but it seemed pretty obvious, no?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

Are you sure, where in RTE NEWS
    I searched it up

What was wrong with the pie one ? You just had to round it i know it didn't say in the question but it seemed pretty obvious, no?

not to me...

Not really, no
    It was not that obvious because you are usually told to round of and this time you were not

he prob means the pie one... there is no way 8 was wrong
    That's what the news said...or maybe you could say I was...'Lost in Confusion'...Pause for laughs..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think it may have been a Leaving Cert. question.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭SomberClaws

I can't express how HAPPY I AM WITH THAT PAPER ! I was so upset after paper 1 and thought that my B was gone, but hopefully this brings it up! Im so happy !

That's what the news said...or maybe you could say I was...'Lost in Confusion'...Pause for laughs..

ha ha ha..... not really funny

Could anyone direct me to that news

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think it may have been a Leaving Cert. question.
    Your probably right

• Advertisement

Cspe ??....
    And there was me all I excited hoping there was an error in maths
    Thanks anyways

Why are people talking about Q8 or the pie chart being wrong here, where did they see it

Okay guys I want your honest opinion
    I know, like I honestly know that I got around 220-230 marks in the P1
    In P2, I would like to know your opinions if I have a chance to get a B at all over all
    This is what I got in P2
    Q1. I did all of them, but now realising from my friend and here that I did the wrong method and got the answer wrong :(
    Q2. All parts were done and I am pretty confident for full marks
    Q3. I probs put down 4 wrong fractions in 4 of the fraction columns, part B I got, part C,I got that as well
    Q4. Got all
    Q5. Did not even get 1 bit
    Q6.Did not get C(I)(II)
    Q7. Got it
    Q8. Got it
    Q9. Got it
    Q10.I got A and B but not C and D
    Q11. Got it
    Q12. Did not get (d)(e)(f)
    Q13.Got it
    Q14. Got it apart from C
    Q15. Did not even get it
    So how bad did I do ??

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭OisinLAD

Man the exam is over and nothing you do will change your grade from here on out. Drop Maths and study for something else (Business tomorrow?)

OisinLAD wrote: »
    Man the exam is over and nothing you do will change your grade from here on out. Drop Maths and study for something else (Business tomorrow?)

I can't drop maths.
    It is my fav subject I got A in the mocks but I for some reasons like hard questions, I seem to always get stuck on easy questions
    And trust me business, for me is like taking candy from a baby

nothing you do will change your grade
    There is one thing I can do............;)

which is?

which is?

I am afraid if I told you that I might have to kill you

More like there's **** all you can do to change your grade but you won't accept that :L

• Advertisement

More like there's **** all you can do to change your grade but you won't accept that :L

Oh trust me I know I got a B, it is the fact that I won't accept I got a B, because I wanted an A really badly :L

Advertisement