Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC 2013 CSPE Paper - Mon. June 10th, 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

Same, and for the long questions, my answers were long-winded, I heard people left half an hour early, I managed to stay in till the very end and finished at 3.30 on the dot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 3yearstudent98

My whole year is in one big room so we had a race to finish CSPE and I came third!!! I was really happy with my long answers though so I'm expecting an A! Left 40 mins early!!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Leopard_Star

I did grand on that test,I knew everything except 3 fill in the blanks Q's...I said something like '2013 European year of comissions' or something.I stayed in for almost the full hour and a half,I tried all 4 poster Q's let them mark me on my best 3.I think I wrote too much because I was the only one to ask for an extra page on that test,Q4 did take up a lot of space though.I preferred last years questions on the last part though,I just waffled for some of that test.I think Ill get an A,I did well on my mocks

I found the answer,its the 2013 European year of citizens/citizenship!

Now looking at that test again I realize that A__ G__ was attorney general,wish I had thought of it in the test,I hate when you remember an answer after the test is over
    I actually said that The Dáil sits in Labour House . luckily I changed it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Mary A

that cspe exam was too easy :'D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mr person

Just heard that there was an error on the CSPE paper regarding the referendum commission question.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/two-errors-discovered-in-leaving-and-junior-cert-papers-1.1423719

• Registered Users Posts: 39 3yearstudent98

I did the bóthar question!!

which number question was that ?

• Advertisement

Section 3 question 3

ohh good did q 4 :D

So what does this mean for those that answered this question.

Full marks automatically???

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭abcdefghijkl

I don't think so. The error will just be taken into account when examiners correct the question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

This year's JC has alot of errors on most papers ... Good job SEC! Ye ****ed up again.

I don't think so. The error will just be taken into account when examiners correct the question.

So it'll be corrected as if there was no mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭examstress

This year's JC has alot of errors on most papers ... Good job SEC! Ye ****ed up again.

Wheres the other errors ??:/

examstress wrote: »
    Wheres the other errors ??:/
    The maths paper one had one error, the irish paper two had two errors ..

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭examstress

The maths paper one had one error, the irish paper two had two errors ..

Ye but I was told about the error in maths , not in irish what was it --

examstress wrote: »
    Ye but I was told about the error in maths , not in irish what was it --
    In ceist 4 .. the question part A said ceist 1 and not 3.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

So, four errors in how many papers?
    Hardly 'most' papers.

spurious wrote: »
    So, four errors in how many papers?
    Hardly 'most' papers.
    The higher level maths leaving cert paper had a mistake too ... they can't be making these mistakes .. especially in life changing exams. English was phrased weird so i'm sure that was taken carelessly too. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

Oh please
    Can anyone point out and back the erroRs in JC maths I can't find them anywhere
    ??

There were no errors in JC P2 Maths. He was only confused.

zubikhan wrote: »
    Oh please
    Can anyone point out and back the erroRs in JC maths I can't find them anywhere
    ??
    I think it was Q4 section C, the co-ordinates was (positive,positive) .. the examiner told the class the change the second number to negative because it was a mistake. There were no errors in paper two, only paper one.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭chocolate98

did ye hear there was an error on it???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

I think it was Q4 section C, the co-ordinates was (positive,positive) .. the examiner told the class the change the second number to negative because it was a mistake. There were no errors in paper two, only paper one.

Oh that...
    :pac:
    Yeah our examiner asked us to change it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

Mistake in Cspe, maths and two in Irish, do they even read the papers after they write them up, lol. I feel really bad for the leaving certs though, even though they'll take into account the mistake, it obviously threw people :/

The Leaving Certs get full marks for the question with the mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The fact that the Irish translation of the Maths paper didn't have the error is significant.

The papers go for translation AFTER the setters are finished.

The CSPE one - anyone that tried it will get the marks.
    Sure from reading here everyone is getting A anyway.

Advertisement