Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dale Road/St. Kevin's Park Property

Options
  • 10-06-2013 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi there,

I am looking to buy this property on Dale Road in Stillorgan and I would appreciate any comments regarding the area, community, creches, schools, any problems people may have had there. I know that there is Luas not very far, but any comments about the transport as well are welcomed.

I tried to find more info on the internet but not much joy.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'd recommend renting in the area for a year before buying a house there if you don't know the area...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Seb77

Yeah,that would be the best if you have time and money. In my case...not really. Thanks anyway for the suggestion. I think I ll rely on what I can find out from here and other sources (gardă station, colleagues, friends)otherwise I ll spend too many years renting around.

Maybe someone else here could give me more info.

Many thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Seb77 wrote: »
    Yeah,that would be the best if you have time and money. In my case...not really. Thanks anyway for the suggestion. I think I ll rely on what I can find out from here and other sources (gardă station, colleagues, friends)otherwise I ll spend too many years renting around.
    Maybe best posting in the region forum then; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=893

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Citycap

Dale Road Stillorgan between the Upper and Lower Kilmacud Road is fairly well located. Its about 10/15 min walk to the Luas stop in Kilmacud or Balally. The 75 bus travels that way also which serves the Dun Laoghaire to Tallaght route and there is a 11 route to the city via Goatstown Rd.
    No shortage of schools whether fee paying or state St Benildus and Oatlands are two very good secondary schools with a high percentage of students going on to third level. For girls Our Ladys Grove and St Raphaelas have similar standards and all are within easy commute walk or drive. There is a good primary school near Stillorgan.

There a number of crèches in the area but I wouldn't have a lot of info on those. As regards crime or general public order issues it is not a problem, The general area is very settled with a lot of older retired in the area and then also younger families who have taken the family home after the parents passed on. There are a few stores such as Centra and Spar quite near as well as Dwyers pub and then both Stillorgan and Dundrum are very convenient also. Mount Merrion Park is nearby and there are football, GAA clubs, swimming pool, tennis clubs in the area. I know the general area for years and certainly would have no difficulty living there.

p.s. I don't have a house for sale there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Seb77

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply. Apart from making me feel good that actually I m aiming in the right direction with the property I m looking to buy there, you also made me smile with your P.S.

Much appreciated.

I wonder if there is someone out there with a particular story about the area. I would be curious to hear it. I m so delighted that people share their info/stories here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement