Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No picture from HTPC

• 10-06-2013 9:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I've not got pretty much the ideal setup (for me) wrt my freesat, my DVD player and my HTPC, down to one remote, etc etc. The only problem I have is more often than not, when I switch to HTPC, there's no picture. The PC (Rasp-pi running OpenElec) appears to be on, but there's nothing showing. I have to unplug it and plug it back in (interestingly, I thought I used to get a message saying I should shut down gracefully, but I think that was when I was using Raspbmc, so perhaps OpenElec swallows the error).

I assume it's something around HDMI signals and the tv being off when the HTPC is on, but a simple google search throws up so many options and things to try, I'm getting confused. Any things I can try?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Just add these two lines to your /boot/config.txt file on your sd card
    hdmi_force_hotplug=1
    hdmi_drive=2

The first one forces hdmi output even if no connection is detected. Without that it is defaulting to outputting over the coax connection. The second option forces sound over hdmi, as it would default to working in dvi mode otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Knasher wrote: »
    Just add these two lines to your /boot/config.txt file on your sd card
    hdmi_force_hotplug=1
    hdmi_drive=2

The first one forces hdmi output even if no connection is detected. Without that it is defaulting to outputting over the coax connection. The second option forces sound over hdmi, as it would default to working in dvi mode otherwise.

I'll give that a go tonight, tks Knasher.

Advertisement