Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windgates rubbish

Options
  • 10-06-2013 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭

This appro of nothing its just a little rant and the person could have come from anywhere.

On the back road in Windgates someone went up last week, probably at the dead of night and threw a black bag of rubbish on the to the side of the road,:( containing garden wast, mostly hedge trimming and paper etc.

What a filthy thing to do.

Rant over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Thread was closed now reopened - inappropriate thread title edited and OP asked to not make insinuations against people of Bray

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Anyone could have done it, years ago my first husband went through a bag of rubbish that had been dumped in the same spot, he found an envelope with an address on it and went to their house, I have to say they were quick smart about coming back to clean it up when caught.

I would no do anything like that because I would be afraid but my ex husband would not be the type to be intimidated by anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

This kind of behaviour disgusts me - there is a handy app on iOS that helps you report it, you take a photo, it tags it with the GPS and sends it off. "See it? Say It!"

Haven't had to use it myself but pulled it down when I came across a similar bag in the Glen of the Downs woods a few months ago.

Unfortunately there will always be idiots out there more than happy to spoil our scenery, and chances are they will be the first to complain when money dries up from lack of tourism/investment due to some behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

This kind of behaviour boils my blood. Not just up here on Windgates, but anywhere. Council don't seem to do anything about it either. A while ago someone left a box full of broken beer bottles at the bus stop & I ended going up with a brush to clean it up as it was just left there & was sick of walking the dogs around it. There is absolutely no need for it. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

This is a common problem. Rubbish is being deposited all around the quieter areas. It was becoming an issue on my road so I picked up a bag found some proof of Identity and contacted the Litter warden. There was a fast response, the warden was very helpful. He took the evidence with a view to issuing a fine and the road was cleaned up and monitored. Problem pretty much solved except for the scumbags who throw litter out their car windows. That I just clean up myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

<<<snip>>>

MOD: This is a family forum, please watch your language and how you speak.

Someone please think of the children!!

Have a nice day y'all!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Guys, we understand that this is a topic that hits a nerve and rightly so tbh.

We just ask you to keep it civil while having a rant, we have younger folk here and we should be leading by example.

Many thanks and happy ranting,

Forum mods :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Woofstuff

We should chip in and set this up on the road..although somebody would probably read this, and then go steal it. :rolleyes:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Swann-OutbackCam-Outdoor-Detector-Recorder/dp/B008YFVPUM/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1371155596&sr=8-13&keywords=security+camera+battery+powered

I was driving there and saw the rubbish, drove over some glass.

The world is full of ***** like this unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Guys, if you find stuff like this just ring the Wicklow CC Litter Warden on 1890 548 837. I've called them in the past and got a very speedy and satisfactory response.

Similarly, if you're out in the Wicklow / Dublin Mountains and see something similar, call PURE based in the Wicklow Mountains National Park offices near Laragh on 1850 365 121.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 274 ✭✭The Durutti Column

Alun wrote: »
    Guys, if you find stuff like this just ring the Wicklow CC Litter Warden on 1890 548 837. I've called them in the past and got a very speedy and satisfactory response.

Similarly, if you're out in the Wicklow / Dublin Mountains and see something similar, call PURE based in the Wicklow Mountains National Park offices near Laragh on 1850 365 121.

Why do these services use 1890 and 1850 numbers? These are a scam, and not included in phone service packages as 'national and local' calls which are now usually uncharged, while these do cost.

Anybody know the local equivalent numbers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Why do these services use 1890 and 1850 numbers? These are a scam, and not included in phone service packages as 'national and local' calls which are now usually uncharged, while these do cost.

Anybody know the local equivalent numbers?

I use this site. saynoto1890.com

Advertisement