Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unfairly treated re school transfer

Options
  • 10-06-2013 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I'm just looking for advice from people who might have gone through this. Long story short my child was falsly accused of something in a secondary school. The matter was then denied ever took place by principal. So I looked into transfer to be rejected 3 times re appeals in 1 school and a second didn't want to entertain us once heard why transfer. Situation I'm left in is once child completes junior cert this month they will be left at home. Not very happy with this as child was innocent, very quiet and would be bright enough to finish schooling which we want for our child. Has anyone been through this. I rang schools outside my town said no outside catchment area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

I think that maybe you need to think about what would be best for your child. Schooling is probably the answer. Maybe suck it up, and send your kid to school in September. Explain that sometimes teachers/others get it wrong, but that the best way to show them what kind of character they have is to behave and learn their best until the Leaving Cert. Also, it teaches your child the valuable lesson of getting over something, and not allowing things to fester.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hi all

Jogathon wrote: »
    I think that maybe you need to think about what would be best for your child. Schooling is probably the answer. Maybe suck it up, and send your kid to school in September. Explain that sometimes teachers/others get it wrong, but that the best way to show them what kind of character they have is to behave and learn their best until the Leaving Cert. Also, it teaches your child the valuable lesson of getting over something, and not allowing things to fester.

Tanx for that advice jogathon I did consider this but I've had a few run ins with principal. I understand could be a once off was very serious matter we were treatened with guards all for nuthing. Guards were never rang. My child heads to school and won't go to toilet there all day and since incident been treated like need I say. Was roared at in front of students re looking for transfer as wouldn't give us reference. Until I went to school myself and demanded it. Mentally this school has put us through enough. That's why child won't be returning there. Child is terrified going in there in morning in case what will happen 2day. This happened to several kids and they had no problem with transfer. Don't understand why we treated differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

hi all wrote: »
    I'm just looking for advice from people who might have gone through this. Long story short my child was falsly accused of something in a secondary school. The matter was then denied ever took place by principal. So I looked into transfer to be rejected 3 times re appeals in 1 school and a second didn't want to entertain us once heard why transfer. Situation I'm left in is once child completes junior cert this month they will be left at home. Not very happy with this as child was innocent, very quiet and would be bright enough to finish schooling which we want for our child. Has anyone been through this. I rang schools outside my town said no outside catchment area.

In my experience, a lot of issues to do with school arise from parents over reacting.

maybe you need to cool off and think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

If the issue you're transferring the child is the also an issue to other schools why not just make something up like if your child is in an all boys school just say you think the child would benefit from being in an coed ? Something simple to explain.

ifeelill wrote: »
    If the issue you're transferring the child is the also an issue to other schools why not just make something up like if your child is in an all boys school just say you think the child would benefit from being in an coed ? Something simple to explain.

Hi, I tried this and also the fact schools had way better subjects, achievements. To no avail. We are at our wits end at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Hi, I tried this and also the fact schools had way better subjects, achievements. To no avail. We are at our wits end at this stage.

contact the dept of education

contact the dept of education

Hi, we have done this. Been told if no room in school then nothing can be done. We hoping for a miracle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

I wish I could help you, it seems so unfair the predicament you are now in. Nobody wants their child to have to suffer a false accusation at such a tender age. Could you go to your local TD?

Lorna123 wrote: »
    I wish I could help you, it seems so unfair the predicament you are now in. Nobody wants their child to have to suffer a false accusation at such a tender age. Could you go to your local TD?

Thanks lorna and to those that replied. Im glad to say as of today we were blessed with a school place. Thank you vey mch to our local TD James Bannon just so glad our nightmare is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

That's terrific news OP. Wishing your son a great Summer holiday and thank God it all worked out. I am sure you are relieved as it must have been a huge upheaval in your household.

• Advertisement

Lorna123 wrote: »
    That's terrific news OP. Wishing your son a great Summer holiday and thank God it all worked out. I am sure you are relieved as it must have been a huge upheaval in your household.

Thanks lorna yes indeed a very testing time for our family. When our child was innocent. We just glad all over can move on now with or lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

James Bannon?

great man to attend funerals
    and promise support for small schools, but still vote through cuts to them

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    James Bannon?

great man to attend funerals
    and promise support for small schools, but still vote through cuts to them

Hi nice-guy haha. I see in a previous thread u suggested we were over reacting and needed to cool down. Maybe you should take some of this advice now re James haha. We are very thankful to james and the wonderful ladies in his offices who helped us when others shut door on us. James Bannon pulled strings for us and we are ever grateful to that man. That's our experience eh

Advertisement