Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy pillow recommendations!

• 10-06-2013 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

Hi ladies

Think it's time I got one of these, the dream genii is the most obvious choice, but it's so expensive :(

Has anyone got any other cheaper alternatives they find does the same job?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

I got a V shaped pillow in ikea (cant find the link for it on the website) for 8€. It's not a specific pregnancy pillow but have found it amazing. Plus it's machine washable. for that price it cant do any harm to give it a try before you splash out on the dream genii.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

I got a pillow in argos and still use it after baby was born.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

xalot wrote: »
    I got a V shaped pillow in ikea (cant find the link for it on the website) for 8€. It's not a specific pregnancy pillow but have found it amazing. Plus it's machine washable. for that price it cant do any harm to give it a try before you splash out on the dream genii.

I got that too, but ikea are out of stock of the covers, and I find I tend to kick it out of the bed at night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I have an argos one also. Think it was about E12.99. I find it great. Its not v shaped - but it does tend to mold to my body and I can twist it about my legs (sounds kinkier then it actually is :) ) Its definately helped my SPD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

I'd say don't bother - use normal pillows and tuck them in between your legs and dont forget one between your feet. I used another one to hug into. Found it the best option for my spd as the long ones always seemed too flat for me and didn't give enough support. Mind you I was totally encased in pillows but worth it ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

nikpmup wrote: »
    I got that too, but ikea are out of stock of the covers, and I find I tend to kick it out of the bed at night!

Still out of stock. Sheesh!

It's been too hot for extra pillows in the past week, but I have a small wee airline pillow to sit under my bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭annamarie2013

Lidl did a lovely one... Watch out for the offer!!

Advertisement