Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body discovered Kililee\Thomondgate. Updated

• 10-06-2013 11:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭

I'm unable to find any confirmed link as yetUpdated links below
    But I was passing Donellan's Field/Duck pond earlier and the area is cordoned off by Gardaí.
    From talking to some folk in the area, It seems that the body of young girl(@16y.o) has been discovered.
    R.I.P to the person involved, and my thoughts are with their family and friends.
    If foul play is involved I hope those involved are caught quickly and punished to the full extent of the law.

Whatever the circumstances, may the person involved rest in peace, and may their family find solace and support in their friends and community.

Links and updates below, Early reports were a 16yo girl, Later and Local reports are a Woman in her 40's
    Update
    Latest information is pointing towards a middle aged woman and perhaps accidental death or suicide.

Link1:From TodayFM http://www.todayfm.com/TodayFMNews/Latest-News.aspx
    Body of 16 year old discovered in Limerick city The body of a 16 year old girl has been found in a field next to the river Shannon in Limerick city. The discovery was made by a man out walking his dog in the Kileely area of the city. There are reports that the body was semi naked when found. A wooded area surrounding where the body was found has been sealed off. A Garda scenes of crime unit is carrying out a forensic examination.

As posted below by Swim2 the local media is now reporting the victim as aged in her her 40's
    Link2http://www.live95fm.ie/News-Sport/Article/?ItemID=15241
    Gardai say they are investigating all the circumstances surrounding the death of a woman in Limerick city.
    The woman's body was found by a man walking his dog in a wooded area of Kileely early this morning.
    The scene has been preserved for a technical examination which is ongoing.
    The woman is believed to be in her forties and her body has been removed to the Mid-Western Regional Hospital in Limerick for a post mortem examination.

Latest update from Maurice Quinlavan, Councillor for the area.
    Was at the scene of body find in Kileely.
    It seems it may be a woman in her 40s and could be an accident or suicide.
    I'm only posting this because there is huge worry in the area. Gardaí are investigating.

Comments

Advertisement