Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to buy my first mod opinions on these please

Options
  • 10-06-2013 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Am going to buy my first mod this week . and am looking at these are they good ? looking for something to use all day

Vamo VV Stainless steel

Sigelei Zmax Telescope V3 (Flat top)

have to get battery and chargers as well.
    I was thinking of buying an AGR Cartomizer Tank
    Am i right in thinking that i wont have to worry about rebuilding coils and just replace the Cartomizers ?

Am open to other suggestions here as i don't have a clue really
    Thanks in advance ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

I use a vamo with the agr when I want convenience. Have no complaints about either.

The vamo is a bit huge when in 18650 mode so one may get the usual 'shiny dildo' comments :-D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.vaperus.ie/advanced-vaping-kits/197-itaste-mvp.html

i'd go with this tbh, itaste mvp. battery is 2600mah and should last you at least a full day, most likely 2-3. lasted sunday-thursday for me last week before it finally died. with this you dont need to mess about with external batteries, you just plug in the usb to charge (either with a usb wall adapter, or on a computer). you can vape on it while it's charging although the cable that comes with it is so ****ing short, you'd be as well off getting a longer usb cable so you'll be able to vape on it without having to plaster youir face against the wall to reach it.
    it only goes to 5v so if you really think you'll need 5-6v it might not be for you, but it just has everything else going in its favour and really all you'll have to do is use low res cartos and the 5v limit won't be an issue at all.

and yeah, cartos you just replace with other cartos.

oh, and the mvp is ****ing tiny. little smaller in every dimension than a 10 box of fags

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I have the Vamo ss, it's a top device for the money. It's also VW - I use it more so in that mode.

One thing to note: as soon as you get it, if you do, set it to RMS mode - it's not set to it by default, which is odd. To get this you simply hold one of the buttons down for about 10 seconds, and on the display you'll see "no.2" appear, that's where RMS is at, and you'll not have to change that again after.

I have mine a few months now and it's fallen more times! Because I'm a cluts! The only thing up with it is the button on the left has gotten a bit sticky. Still working fine, just not as clicky as it was when new. I might buy another one soon and use this one as the back up.

But, like I said, for the money, you can't go wrong. It does everything [and more, with VW] that say, a provari does. But easier! Because of the 3 button layout. In it's 18350 mode, and you can get an 18350 battery for about €4, it's neat enough. It is long in it's full on 18650 mode, but for home use, who cares right? :)

I use this charger: http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/chargers/214-nitecore-intellicharge-i4-v2-charger.html

It's constantly on the go, never had an issue. I use to for all 4 batteries I have atm, 2 x 18350, 2x 18650, and also use it to charge my Sony eneloop batteries for my camera flash. Well worth the yo-yos.

I've not used one of those tanks, but I've stuck cartos, tanks like the vivi nova and pro-tank, all kinds of clearomizers and recently some RBAs - on the Vamo. Works fine with all, so it should be fine too with that type.

As I happen to be using it right now in it's 18350 mode, here ya go:

8pl0hti.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Thanks Sir Digby Chicken

Am thinking of going with the battery mods because i know me,
    and i will probably upgrade in a few weeks again so thinking i might as well stick with the batteries ;-)

Ionised

The Vamo is it reliable and powerful enough what battery do you use is it the large one ?
    Will one 18350 last the day ?

Thanks Thecagerone

Have to say i do like the look of it and true when at home i don't care what size battery would be connected to it

• Advertisement

I like the look of those little box mods too, I shouldn't have watched that, I get shiny-itis easily :D But notice it doesn't have VW. Once you go VW it's hard go back.

I can stick any atty on the Vamo, at the same watts I always use, and not worry about it. It'll adjust to the resistance of the coil itself and change volts in the background ... or something ... see? i don't even know, i just know VW works a charm :D

Also, you can get beefy batteries now too: http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/272-joye-evic-3400mah-battery.html

3400mah! I got one, and it lasts about 2 days without needing charge. And I vape pretty heavy/constant.

My cheap 18350, I'll get a day out of it at least. I tend to swap batteries about, always have spares, and I'll stick any not in use on charge. This way you'll always have a full one to grab.

I think my mind is made up ill get the vamo and the agr .
    on the agr are the cartomizers the standard threaded 510 type ?
    ill order a cartomizer punch as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Personally Brendan, if you were just going with option "A or B" mentioned your post above, I'd go for the zmax.
    It costs a little bit more build quality is beter and it has a beautiful slightly crooked screen and some bespoke scratching...
    Seriously though; aesthetically, I prefer the look of the zmax over the vamo, having used both. But they are the same operationally.
    Sir D's recommendation is a good one though also. It looks much bigger in most of the product shots. Its really small for a 2600mAh battery. Looks very tidy in the hand.
    18350 batteries may not potentially last you the day, but it entirely depends on your vape habit. The Zmax can hold an 18490/18500 battery and still maintain its 18350 size (maybe a couple of extra mm). I can't remember the threading on the vamo if it can do this.

Edit: just saw you made your decision as I was typing my thoughts. :) Vamo it is!

I looked into both when deciding, I thought the zmax looked a little nicer too, but it only has that one button - meaning lots of cycling through for options - not for me.

BrendanD wrote: »
    I think my mind is made up ill get the vamo and the agr .
    on the agr are the cartomizers the standard threaded 510 type ?
    ill order a cartomizer punch as well

Cartos for the AGR are standard 510's.

I found this makes a really good carto punch (better than the dedicated one I bought) - http://www.ebay.ie/itm/221008167221?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

I looked into both when deciding, I thought the zmax looked a little nicer too, but it only has that one button - meaning lots of cycling through for options - not for me.

Less buttons = Less to break

Also the mini zmax is coming soon ;)

You can get 2 Vamos for the price of one almost. And unless you've butter finger like I do, chances of SS buttons breaking are very slim ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I have both, well had, the Vamo stopped working. Another thing to consider is that the Vamo drops off in power considerably once you get below 3.7v on the battery, zmax keeps consistent power all the way down to ~3.4v.

The menu on the zmax is fine, after a while you don't even notice it. As there's no voltage drop you won't be changing the power as much anyway.

I'm sure it;s grand like. I just wouldn't have the patience for the whole cycle through with 3 clicks for every option. It would wreck my head that. The telescopic one does look nice though. I won't rule out buying one!

Have my shopping cart ready but both the best shop and E-smoke are out of the AGR Cartomizer Tank
    Is there another similar tank that takes carts ?
    This is my shopping list am thinking of adding another battery .
    Am i missing anything ?

Vamo VV Mod - V2
    Color : Stainless Steel -- Available 41,99 €
    BOGE Pre-Punched 510 cartomizer X 2
    BOGE Pre-Punched 510 cartomizer X 2
    Lenght : 35mm, Number Of Holes : 2 Holes, Resistance : LR 2,0 - 2,2 Ohm
    Lenght : 35mm, Number Of Holes : 2 Holes, Resistance : Regular 2,7 - 3,1 Ohm
    Nitecore Intellicharge i4 V2 Charger
    -- Available 21,00 €
    Joye eVic 3400mAh Battery 11,00 €
    Total 79.99 €

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Personally I couldnt recommend the vamo more, I thinking of getting a second one. Mine seems to be indestructible.
    I cant really comment on the others mentioned cause Ive never seen them in real life but if it was my money id go for the vamo. Just make sure you get the ss version because the chrome starts fading after a few months of hard use. Its big but no bigger than the zmax.
    The agr will take both size cartos because it comes with 2 tubes and is a great carto tank.
    My opinions only :-P

I have a chrome one in the shopping cart its a little more expensive but ooo shiny ;-)

Maybe get an efast 18650 for when the other one is charging because I imagine that high mah one will take ages to charge, also consider an 18350 or 2 for mini mode.
    I would get the xl cartos if I was you for the agr, just for more capacity, also, i could be wrong but I think the 3 ohm cartos lasted a little longer and worked a bit better than the 2ohm ones in the vamo.
    You could get the agr at vaperus, maybe even the ss vamo cause its a bit cheaper(same discount code as TBS 'irishvape') and that could go towards delivery costs.

I have a chrome one in the shopping cart its a little more expensive but ooo shiny ;-)

The ss and chrome one look the same but the ss wont fade like the chrome or gunmetal finish.

Amended the order its now a ss Vamo are these the cartridges ?
    Also is this battery ok nipple top ?

• Advertisement

Amended the order its now a ss Vamo are these the cartridges ?
    Also is this battery ok nipple top ?

Both choices are ok. Make sure to order the stainless steel cartos though..not black.

I liked those cartos when I used to use them but alot of people reckoned they didnt last ad long as the single coil boges and I think they might have been right, also you will have to punch those but you will also have the punch the regular boge ones. I used to cut a little slot in mine with a junior hacksaw.
    The 18350 battery is spot on.
    You have missed the 3pm deadline for next day delivery so take your time and check out vaperus and compare prices, you might save a few quid.
    Personally I would go for standard resistance boge xl cartos and a decent punch or the pre-punched cartos.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Ionised wrote: »
    Both choices are ok. Make sure to order the stainless steel cartos though..not black.

You can peel the black off if they have no silver in stock

pmcmahon wrote: »
    You can peel the black off if they have no silver in stock

You can...but it's a pain in the hole :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 redsovine

f you dont mind waiting for delivery from china, here is a great deal:

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10004394/1359403-vamo-vivi-stainless-steel-voltage-adjustable-e-cig

SS Vamo + a great charger + 2 highly regarded batteries + free shipping

That is a great deal $53.33 compared to 72e here
    just checked Vaperus have the AGR in stock as well

In fairness those batteries and charger do look good.
    On the other side of the coin, delivery from China can be a nightmare, sometimes its fine, sometimes its not, and then you have no real comeback if its faulty.
    Bit of a gamble really, kinda tempted with that offer myself!!!

The SS vamo is more expensive than the chrome no?

SS will out last chrome in the looks dept by far. Chrome is a finger print magnet, you'd be polishing the thing every use. Also the coating may come off eventually. No coating on SS, it is pure shiny :)

Good choice on the charger and battery. Those green 18650s last ages on a full charge, you'll be happy with that. I got a couple of the cheap red 18350 batteries on thebestshop, they work just fine and seem to last a while. May as weel chiuck a coupl ein your order, instead of later and having to pay p&p again - though it's very cheap for postage on there.

I wouldn't order anything above €22 from China. You'll get hit with customs, plus a longer wait while customs scratch their heads over your items, then you'll have to pay the postie extra for the final delivery.

That charger has only 2 slots - the one on bestshop has 4. You'll want 4.

looks like its 2 orders

vamo, AGR and carts from Vaperus 56.62 inc post

Nitecore charger ,Joyce evic3400 battery and 2 elfest IMR battery's 43.90 E inc postage

So 100.52 in total and had a budget of about 100 so happy days

I have these in the shopping cart so ill order later tonight just in case there are any more suggestions
    thanks everyone for all the help with this ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

You could try the submarine tanks if the AGR is not in stock. I haven't used them so don't know how good they are.
    The AGR tank locks the carto in so that's a big selling point..
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/subtanks.htm

Advertisement