Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Rollout - no one seems to know?

Options
  • 10-06-2013 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

No one within Eircom seems to know what's going on, both myself and friends in my area (Castletown Exchange, Dundalk, Co.Louth) have all been told different things in the past two weeks, from;

• eFibre available July - August 2013
    • eFibre available July - December 2013
    • eFibre is not available to your exchange or area and there are no plans to bring eFibre there.
    and just now I get this when I check my number online:

Your phone number indicates that you are connected to the CASTLETOWN exchange

Your exchange is not in the current Fibre plan but it may be included in our next plan

Our next Fibre plan will start in 2015

A VDSL cab was installed a few weeks ago behind my home and it was wired up on Thursday by your engineers.

So when is eFibre available in my area then?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

hellboy99 wrote: »
    No one within Eircom seems to know what's going on, both myself and friends in my area (Castletown Exchange, Dundalk, Co.Louth) have all been told different things in the past two weeks, from;

eFibre available July - August 2013
    eFibre available July - December 2013
    eFibre is not available to your exchange or area and there are no plans to bring eFibre there.

and just now I get this when I check my number online:

A VDSL cab was installed a few weeks ago behind my home and it was wired up on Thursday by your engineers.

So when is eFibre available in my area then?

Hi hellboy99

I go your PM & messaged you back.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Hi hellboy99

I go your PM & messaged you back.

Thanks, Mark
    Thanks for the reply

You say no time frame, is that 100% considering all the conflicting dates we have been getting, why all the different dates, surely someone should know what's going on?

Thanks for the reply

You say no time frame, is that 100% considering all the conflicting dates we have been getting, why all the different dates, surely someone should know what's going on?
    Hi hellboy99

Phase 1 of the exchange / cabinet roll out started on the 20th May.  The work is ongoing, however we do not have the definitive time-frames you are looking for as yet.

Thanks, Mark

Hi hellboy99

Phase 1 of the exchange / cabinet roll out started on the 20th May. The work is ongoing, however we do not have the definitive time-frames you are looking for as yet.

Thanks, Mark
    That's a fair enough answer but people shouldn't be told 3 - 4 different stories from Eircom customer service, nor should there be conflicting and confusing information given out on your site and on the eFibre map checker.

That's a fair enough answer but people shouldn't be told 3 - 4 different stories from Eircom customer service, nor should there be conflicting and confusing information given out on your site and on the eFibre map checker.

Hi hellboy99

We are passing on the feedback from all the social media channels regarding all the feedback we get regarding the efibre roll out.

So we will be updating the website improve the process as the efibre roll-out progress'.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Still getting conflicting dates from Eircom on this.

Had a rep call to my home today and he told me eFibre wouldn't be available to me until December 2013, your map on your site says July - August 2013, and your sales team won't tell me as I'm not an Eircom customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Had a rep call to my home today and he told me eFibre wouldn't be available to me until December 2013, your map on your site says July - August 2013, and your sales team won't tell me as I'm not an Eircom customer.
    Hi hellboy99

I've looked further into this and I have some more information.

Yes your area on the efibre availability map is showing that Castletown isbeing efibre enabled between July to September 2013 however when I investigated this further there is no indication as to when Riverwell close will be efibre enabled. From the first launch of efibre eircom has advised that efibre is subject to availability and not all areas in an enabled town will be able to avail of efibre straight away however works will continue to maximise efibre availability. At this moment in time I have no estimated timeframe as to when efibre will be available to your line as such operational and planning details are not available in this detail. If you would like to check back with me towards the end of August hopefully I may have more information on this for you.

Thank you

Al

Hi hellboy99

Yes your area on the efibre availability map is showing that Castletown isbeing efibre enabled between July to September 2013 however when I investigated this further there is no indication as to when Riverwell close will be efibre enabled. From the first launch of efibre eircom has advised that efibre is subject to availability and not all areas in an enabled town will be able to avail of efibre straight away however works will continue to maximise efibre availability. At this moment in time I have no estimated timeframe as to when efibre will be available to your line as such operational and planning details are not available in this detail. If you would like to check back with me towards the end of August hopefully I may have more information on this for you.

Thank you

Al

Thanks, well the VDSL Cab is just behind my house.

Can you tell me why though both myself and others in my area are still getting so many conflicting dates from Eircom?
    The Eircom sales guy that called said Dec 2013 (not only that but he didn't even know what exchange I was on or the area for that matter), you ring Eircom up and your getting July, August, Sept, Oct to there are no plans to bring eFibre there. The guys installing the cab said late July/early August.

Surely someone within Eircom must know exactly what is going on, also why is it that when you call your sales team they will not tell you when because your not an Eircom customer? Girl I spoke to said she would only tell me after I signed up to Eircom???

Thanks, well the VDSL Cab is just behind my house.

Can you tell me why though both myself and others in my area are still getting so many conflicting dates from Eircom?
    The Eircom sales guy that called said Dec 2013 (not only that but he didn't even know what exchange I was on or the area for that matter), you ring Eircom up and your getting July, August, Sept, Oct to there are no plans to bring eFibre there. The guys installing the cab said late July/early August.

Surely someone within Eircom must know exactly what is going on, also why is it that when you call your sales team they will not tell you when because your not an Eircom customer? Girl I spoke to said she would only tell me after I signed up to Eircom???

Hi hellboy99

We still have no more specific dates available other than the general guideline. However as soon as a cabinet / address' go live. The efibre team will call customers and advise them when they can place the order.

Thanks, Mark

Hi hellboy99

Yes your area on the efibre availability map is showing that Castletown isbeing efibre enabled between July to September 2013

Thank you

Al

Just been onto Eircom about this and have been told that eFibre won't be available till early 2014 now, what is the story with all the dates and different stories?
    I was told this morning; "the exchanges may be done at that time (July - Sep 2013) but its when your cabinet is done then you can get efibre". The cabinet is done and has power running to it, so what is the delay?

• Advertisement

Hi hellboy99

Yes your area on the efibre availability map is showing that Castletown isbeing efibre enabled between July to September 2013

Thank you

Al

Just been onto Eircom about this and have been told that eFibre won't be available till early 2014 now, what is the story with all the dates and different stories?
    I was told this morning; "the exchanges may be done at that time (July - Sep 2013) but its when your cabinet is done then you can get efibre". The cabinet is done and has power running to it, so what is the delay?

Hi hellboy99

I Don't know if the agents are just checking what main exchange is connected to and then checking the efibre map.

The map is for illustrative purpose only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. Specific address must be checked to ensure eFibre can be supplied.

However I checked with the efibre roll-out team and there is still no indication as to when your address may be connected to the efibre network I'm afraid.

Mark

Hi hellboy99

Thank you

Al

Hi hellboy99

I Don't know if the agents are just checking what main exchange is connected to and then checking the efibre map.

The map is for illustrative purpose only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. Specific address must be checked to ensure eFibre can be supplied.

However I checked with the efibre roll-out team and there is still no indication as to when your address may be connected to the efibre network I'm afraid.

Mark
    All I can tell you is and this is from the engineers that you have out installing and connecting the cabinets; the cabinet round by me has been connected to the estate I live in and has power running to it, it's only a matter of disconnecting my connection from the old cable cabinet over to the new VDSL cabinet.

I have this information so why is it no one within Eircom can tell this or even know this?

Any update on this, my address/estate is connected to the cab, I was speaking to the engineering when he done it.

Any update on this, my address/estate is connected to the cab, I was speaking to the engineering when he done it.
    Hi hellboy99

It can be weeks before all the system / admin work has been done after the physical work for efibre has been completed before the different channels can place efibre orders for an area.

I checked with the efibre team and they have received any news regarding a change in your area as yet.

Mark

Hi hellboy99

It can be weeks before all the system / admin work has been done after the physical work for efibre has been completed before the different channels can place efibre orders for an area.

I checked with the efibre team and they have received any news regarding a change in your area as yet.

Mark
    Fair enough, but may I suggest you get rid of that eFibre map you have on your site then as it's just misleading people. I know you have a disclaimer at the bottom of it, but not everyone will read it.
    To be totally honest if it was my business I wouldn't be putting something like that map up till I had all my facts straight or a least a proper line of communication, clearly this is not happening within Eircom when you take into account the various different dates, to "not available at all" I've got back from Eircom customer support in the last 3 months.

Hi hellboy99

Mark
    Fair enough, but may I suggest you get rid of that eFibre map you have on your site then as it's just misleading people. I know you have a disclaimer at the bottom of it, but not everyone will read it.
    To be totally honest if it was my business I wouldn't be putting something like that map up till I had all my facts straight or a least a proper line of communication, clearly this is not happening within Eircom when you take into account the various different dates, to "not available at all" I've got back from Eircom customer support in the last 3 months.

Hi hellboy99

We have passed on all the feedback we are getting regarding the efibre website. We have been advised they will be updating it soon.

Mark

What's going on with your map tonight? Castletown in Dundalk was down as Jul - Sept 2013 for eFibre, now it's disappeared? 

Carrickmacross & Kingscourt were also Jul - Sept 2013 but now showing 2014?

Just had an Eircom Rep call to my door, he said eFibre will be available in my estate this coming Monday, can you confirm if this is correct as it's not on the map?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Just had an Eircom Rep call to my door, he said eFibre will be available in my estate this coming Monday, can you confirm if this is correct as it's not on the map?
    Hard to know whats going on hellboy99.  Just after putting in my number into the checker and it says efibre is now available to me. However the map says its not available until October. Before this both number checker and map said efibre was not available in my area of Dundalk until July-Sept. I'm in the Lis Na Dara estate on the Carrick Rd.

Hard to know whats going on hellboy99.  Just after putting in my number into the checker and it says efibre is now available to me. However the map says its not available until October. Before this both number checker and map said efibre was not available in my area of Dundalk until July-Sept. I'm in the Lis Na Dara estate on the Carrick Rd.
    I really don't know what to make it all, Eircom say this Monday, their number checker says it's available for my number, Vodafone told me today not available until Oct 23???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

I really don't know what to make it all, Eircom say this Monday, their number checker says it's available for my number, Vodafone told me today not available until Oct 23???

Hi hellboy99,

Would you like to PM me your telephone number and I'll check this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

PM Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

PM Sent

Thanks.

I have sent you a PM there.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Honcomar

Same issue....map now says available, one of my neighbours got a phone call from Eircom asking if they wanted it....rang today and still not available. Nobody seems to be able to give a straight answer as to when.
    I work from home a fair bit, and need a decent connection, at this rate it's going to have to be a new provider....

Advertisement