Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Fable 3

Options
  • 10-06-2013 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭

http://kotaku.com/fable-iii-is-free-on-xbox-live-512251443

Working for me here anyway! I assume its due to remake of Fable on Xbone...

We're getting reports from readers that Fable III is currently available for free on Xbox Live.

To start the download, head to the game's Xbox.com listing, click on download, go to use Microsoft Points to complete the purchase then finish the transaction. The game should then start downloading to your Xbox 360 console.

Seems a bizarre mistake to pop up now, of all times. Wonder if it's related to an impending Fable announcement for the Xbox One? I mean, it's not like this is the first time a Fable game has mysteriously done this, and the last time was right before the launch of Fable III...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Was a mistake that is now fixed, although many people got a free copy.

Interesting to see if they get reclaimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I just went onto the marketplace via the xbox itself and it still saying it's free. Downloading now at 4%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Felexicon

It's not a mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I bought in to the hype of the first one, and was thoroughly let down. I got 2 as a gift, and yeah, it was better, but meh... Still, I set this to download. Don't know that I'll bother playing it as it's just as much about time as money that put me off getting Fable 3. Still though, it's available free so got it anyway. It's oft-said that this is the weakest of the three. Do people here agree or disagree with that assessment?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Its still working on my xbox, current time is 16:36pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

They've had a week of bad press and it's the day of their E3 conference.

No way is this a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

It's free through the xbox console games menu too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

GAAman wrote: »
    It's free through the xbox console games menu too

I wonder is this either a test or a glitch related to the new "two free games if you're Xbox Gold member" that was announce to start in July?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

Still too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭James201213

Does anyone know if it is still working ? and would a 48 hour gold trial be enough to get it as a gold member?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if it is still working ? and would a 48 hour gold trial be enough to get it as a gold member?
    Yes, this is still free. I believe it's free for all of June (Gold Members) - Link - I can't 100% verify for you, unfortunately, as it just shows as 'Already Purchased' for me.

Hmm - it seems from other links that they are confirming it is for all June
    Xbox Wire wrote:
    As a gesture of thanks to the millions of Xbox fans around the world for their passion and loyalty, Xbox announced that every Xbox Live Gold subscriber will receive two free Xbox 360 games per month until the release of Xbox One, including the pair of popular titles: “Halo 3” and “Assassin’s Creed II.” And to celebrate E3 in the month of June, Xbox Live Gold members will receive a free download of “Fable III. Link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

This is a new thing that Xbox Live is doing. Fable 3 is free because they're doin that once a month-free game thing that the PS3 does (Instant Game Collection)

So it isn't a mistake and it isn't a consolation or anything. It's new. And as long as you have a Gold account, you will be able to download the games for free of charge. After one half of the month is up, I believe they'll put in one other game. So, 2 games per month.

gamercfc wrote: »
    This is a new thing that Xbox Live is doing. Fable 3 is free because they're doin that once a month-free game thing that the PS3 does (Instant Game Collection)

So it isn't a mistake and it isn't a consolation or anything. It's new. And as long as you have a Gold account, you will be able to download the games for free of charge. After one half of the month is up, I believe they'll put in one other game. So, 2 games per month.
    Yep - and not only that, if your Gold account lapses, that's OK because the games are yours to keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Voice cast looks impressive, think I'll give it a bash!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I gave it 20 mins of my time, they can have it back

Anyone got a 2 day code for me :P not a great game but it kills some time. Don't wreck Bower lake btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

what's tomorrows free title?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Dammit. I already own this. And I thoroughly enjoyed it, actually, although I found it felt quite rushed towards the end.

what's tomorrows free title?
    Fable 3 is the only one free for June ... Starting 1. July is when the two games per month offer kicks in, I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Maysa07

Fable 3 is the only one free for June ... Starting 1. July is when the two games per month offer kicks in, I believe.

Halo 3 and Assassins Creed II is on the way in July

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Maysa07 wrote: »
    Halo 3 and Assassins Creed II is on the way in July

When are they going to stop giving away games I already own.
    It's the same with PSN plus, I'm almost scared to buy a game now in case its free next month.
    Example, I almost bought Uncharted three recently and now its free, that was close but see I can't buy anything it will be a waste of money.

Advertisement