Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Want to travel to Devon, advice please

• 10-06-2013 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi everyone

I am hoping for some advice here.
    I want to go to devon for a few days in August, but am a little perplexed about how to get there?
    Flybe are the only airline that fly direct and to summarise their flight times in a word, they are awful!!!!! Evening flights only and they are not really very cheap. So I am wondering, should I...
    A fly with an airline to one of the major airports and then do an internal to exeter?
    B put up with flybe's unrealistic and unatractive flight times and just fly direct or,
    C do a rail and sail to devon? I would probably go Irish ferrys though I have used stena before without a problem though they did forget to book my assistance which was a bit of a pain but didn't really make a difference in the end...
    So, advice/thoughts from anyone who has made the journey, dublin to devon, how did you do it and how was it?
    Thanks
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

I wouldn't sail and rail OP. You could fly into Bristol airport plenty of good flight times and prices from Ireland. Bus from right aside the airport every ten minutes to Bristol Temple Meads train station where their is connections direct to anywhere in the country. Flight time from Ireland to Bristol is approx one hour, if booked on time it can be got for well under a hundred return. 25 mins to temple meads on bus, £11 return. Book train tickets in advance and the train is pretty reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I'd just fly to Bristol or Bournemouth direct if I were you, regular and pretty cheap flights so you should be fine. Easy enough then to get to Exeter...

Advertisement