Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So yea, the "Junior Cert"...

Options
  • 10-06-2013 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

It doesn't seem that bad as I thought it would be. Sure, the first English exam was scary but after that, you're used to it and it flies by. Almost done the Junior Cert already, this went fast. :)

Now I know why people told us Juniors to stop panicing, getting all krazy over just a few examinations run by the government, I feel like a fool for worrying last week.

Personally, I actually like it so far :rolleyes: I always enjoyed exams, especially the mocks, I was actually sad it had to end! :pac: Ah well.

Did any of you people get a change in heart too? Or still panicing for History on wed and science on thurs? ;)

I would be interested to see how I feel about the JC when it's over! :D I wish I did a before and after thingy ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

It doesn't seem that bad as I thought it would be. Sure, the first English exam was scary but after that, you're used to it and it flies by. Almost done the Junior Cert already, this went fast. :)

Now I know why people told us Juniors to stop panicing, getting all krazy over just a few examinations run by the government, I feel like a fool for worrying last week.

Personally, I actually like it so far :rolleyes: I always enjoyed exams, especially the mocks, I was actually sad it had to end! :pac: Ah well.

Did any of you people get a change in heart too? Or still panicing for History on wed and science on thurs? ;)

I would be interested to see how I feel about the JC when it's over! :D I wish I did a before and after thingy ...

Nearly done? 5 exams left!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Nearly done? 5 exams left!
    Closer than yesterday ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Bit worried for Science, but I'm good about everything else.

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    Bit worried for Science, but I'm good about everything else.
    Practice past papers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

8 exams left, can't wait till their over. I have 5 books, I want to start reading :D

• Advertisement

Practice past papers!

I've done most of them and don't remember the material. So.. .yup.

I've done most of them and don't remember the material. So.. .yup.
    Do the past papers with notes ..

Do the past papers with notes ..

Trust me, bro, I've tried. It's going nowhere.

Do you want me to post notes? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

Rote learn if necessary, science is very straight forward

• Advertisement

Do you want me to post notes? :rolleyes:

That'd be nice. You'd have my thanks. Mr. Arnie.

That'd be nice. You'd have my thanks. Mr. Arnie.
    I'll see what I can do. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LawdyLad

All the hard/boring ones are pretty much over with now. I was hoping for an A in Maths and Geography but I am almost sure that I won't after doing them. Maths maybe, but Geography no :/ Anyway, I am confident in getting an A in History, Metalwork and Tech Graph and the only thing I am worrying about really is science as I am awful at it.

LawdyLad wrote: »
    All the hard/boring ones are pretty much over with now. I was hoping for an A in Maths and Geography but I am almost sure that I won't after doing them. Maths maybe, but Geography no :/ Anyway, I am confident in getting an A in History, Metalwork and Tech Graph and the only thing I am worrying about really is science as I am awful at it.

I'm hoping for a B in science myself. I think I might get a C in Metalwork. I know my theory, sort of, but I personally feel like my practical and project were sub standard. Also, apparently there's more marks going for the looks of your practical than the function? That's stupid imo, I thought the aim of the practical was to get something to work and the project was work & looks. Do you know if that's true?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LawdyLad

I'm hoping for a B in science myself. I think I might get a C in Metalwork. I know my theory, sort of, but I personally feel like my practical and project were sub standard. Also, apparently there's more marks going for the looks of your practical than the function? That's stupid imo, I thought the aim of the practical was to get something to work and the project was work & looks. Do you know if that's true?

I would be delighted with a B in Science to be honest but I will struggle to achieve that i'd say. In the practical, each piece is marked individually under 'marking out, 'shape', 'holes', 'profile'. Then the piece is marked as a whole (this marking section carried the most marks) under assembly, function and finish. Assembly and finish carry 5 marks each and function carries 10. The practical is an exam that requires precision and there is no room for error.

The project however, is marked mainly on assembly and how well your project fits and looks proportional. Function and finish marks are also allocated for the project. Like the practical, each individual piece along with the piece as a whole is marked.

In relation to the theory, there is no excuse not to get 100% to be honest. The same topics come up every year and you are spoiled for choice. Easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

Before the exams, I was totally freaking out, but now that we're like half we through them, I'm just kinda like, this is it? Lol. I'm still aiming for all A's but it doesn't really bother me what I get anymore, I guess I'm just sick of this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

Jijsaw wrote: »
    8 exams left, can't wait till their over. I have 5 books, I want to start reading :D

Haha same, haven't read all year, I have a ton of books I want to read :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭claryfray

Jijsaw wrote: »

Yeah exams make me so panicked and scared and stressed so I've been feeling like crap for the past while and nope I definitely still hate exam situations.

Cannot WAIT to get my holidays and get back to reading books I love 24/7 and watching tv :D

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭claryfray

juniorcert wrote: »
    it doesn't really bother me what I get anymore, I guess I'm just sick of this year.

So accurate.

Advertisement