Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED with PIR

Options
  • 10-06-2013 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Whats the economics of installing PIRs with LED fittings?
    Its an apartment complex with small square hallways - (2 metres by 3 metres)
    At present there is 2 wall lights which use 2 X 9 watt cfl bulbs in each fitting - fittings are getting old & bulbs expensive.
    I was thinking of replacing with 2 LED GU10 ceiling spotlights - but was unsure should I also use a PIR
    Anyone any opinions on this approach - is PIR a waste of money or whats the payback period?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

JOHNPT wrote: »
    At present there is 2 wall lights which use 2 X 9 watt cfl bulbs in each fitting - fittings are getting old & bulbs expensive.
    I was thinking of replacing with 2 LED GU10 ceiling spotlights - but was unsure should I also use a PIR
    Anyone any opinions on this approach - is PIR a waste of money or whats the payback period?

Thanks

Payback for a descent PIR would be about 500 years :D

However PIRs have the "connivence" and cool factor advantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭JOHNPT

LED bulb on 24/7 will last 2 years. Is it worth installing for 2 LED fittings - i think PIR can switch a million times before failure - it would be lifetime job but also more expensive - anyone else an opinion

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

JOHNPT wrote: »

Thanks

Robus PIR and GU10 LEDS on my porch.

Instant full brightness when PIR is detects motion.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭JOHNPT

Paddy do u still think Philips 4 watt are best LED bulb on the market - have u tried other LED brand names - Ecopal, Robus etc?

Advertisement