Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Graph Talk.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

1, 3, 5 & 6 have never not come up. (In recent times anyway.) One year, the Rotation question was Enlargement and Reduction. That's an easy question though so you should definitely know it. It might even be part of the Rotation question. Question 5 is either Developments, Solids in Contact or both.(Shudders) I reckon that we'll get a development. That's only a hunch though.

A2 paper is provided. Work on one side of the paper only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

A97 wrote: »
    1, 3, 5 & 6 have never not come up. (In recent times anyway.) One year, the Rotation question was Enlargement and Reduction. That's an easy question though so you should definitely know it. It might even be part of the Rotation question. Question 5 is either Developments, Solids in Contact or both.(Shudders) I reckon that we'll get a development. That's only a hunch though.

A2 paper is provided. Work on one side of the paper only.
    A2? Are you sure, I've seen my examiner has a packet of A3 paper next to the metal box with the exam papers and equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

A2 I am pretty sure

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭examstress

Any predictions for question 1 & 2 ?

We were told that it's A2. I've only used those in the Mocks though. Every drawing I've done has been on A3 paper.:o

Predictions? They're basically the same every year, just different shapes and figures. Just be aware how to do auxiliaries/rotations, elliptical shapes and how to draw all of the polygons up to ten except for heptagons and the different ways to draw them. (Octagon in a square for example)

• Advertisement

A97 wrote: »
    We were told that it's A2. I've only used those in the Mocks though. Every drawing I've done has been on A3 paper.:o

Predictions? They're basically the same every year, just different shapes and figures. Just be aware how to do auxiliaries/rotations, elliptical shapes and how to draw all of the polygons up to ten except for heptagons and the different ways to draw them. (Octagon in a square for example)

We never covered question four :( For question two what are the chances that a rotation question wont come up because we were never told how to do the other q. 2's :( I realllyyy want an A !

Once in ten years. The last time was 2003.

auxiliary ?

Auxiliary elevations and plans. They come up in short questions and in Q1.
    X1 Y1 lines, transfer heights etc.

Technical Graphics holds the honour of the only past exam papers I managed to finish. (The HL Long Questions that I'm doing anyway.)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Guys, the questions don't change. It's the same 6 every year. The same questions will be numbered the same on each exam paper. If you've studied the ones that have come up in the last 10 years, you will be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Azzaface

Also, regarding materials for the exam, tell me if I'm missing anything here; t-square, set squares, compass, rubber, pencils, topper, masking tape, protractor. We don't have to bring our own paper, do we?

Colouring pencils maybe for section 1?:)

Good luck everyone ! :) O lord Jesus I better do well ! ;D

Advertisement