Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Sun Exposes Poor Hygine in WRH

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

iamaiamai wrote: »
    How do you know he didn't?

Because it said he didn't in the article.

Like I said in an earlier post, I've been there a lot over the past 2 years or so and saw nothing of what he described and from what I can see, if he did have such a grievance with the place he should have noted it at the time instead of sullying the name of the place nationally. People believe what they read and the place is being made to look like a cesspit by ONE disgruntled ex-patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭backtobass

The Sun should go in to A & E and video the thugs that turn up drunk...drugged..with their threatening behaviour. And the winos that ring ambulances two..three times a night with the imaginary chest pain so as to get a free bed for the night...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 beanieb

My husband was admitted to WRH 3 times last year with the same condition. I found the A&E area to be filthy and the nurses grossly overworked and understaffed. I feel we owe my husbands life to those nurses who told me exactly what to say to the consultant on charge that night otherwise we were looking at very substandard treatment and one which may cost him his life. That's how serious things are out there. The ward he stayed in was 'cleaned' daily and by cleaned i mean and i saw this with my own eyes, a dirty cloth stuck to a mop and pushed up the center of the floor, that was it. The bathroom was filthy and stank of urine, the shower had mould growing in it. I actually brought my husband home, we dont live far away(5 mins by car) and he took a shower put on new pyjamas and went back to the hospital. The nurse just smiled at us, she guessed what we had done. This hospital seriously needs to look at its cleaning contractors. Also i think a good idea would be to have a member of staff at the entrance to enforce the hand sanitiser onto people. Im sure the cost of paying someone would be drastically less than the cost of infections out there. I believe every word that this man had to say about WRH, i have been there and have seen very similar occurrences. I wish him a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

Is it still the norm to instruct expectant mothers to bring in cleaning stuff for the bathroom when you go in to have a baby?

Advertisement