Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**OL Irish Paper 2 Before/After**

• 10-06-2013 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭

After seeing how easy paper 1 was I'm debating sending my 10 year old brother into this one!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

Id say ill finish it by 10. Even if it is hard , ordinary irish is very short

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

What is the structure for tomorrows paper? Time-allocation and all? Also what sort of questions come up? Absolutely clueless. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Straight Talking Online Frank

anyone know a website that has summaries of the stories?

SecondMan wrote: »
    What is the structure for tomorrows paper? Time-allocation and all? Also what sort of questions come up? Absolutely clueless. :o

Q1. Leamhtuiscint, A+B ........100 marks

Q2A Pros 50 marks

Q2B filiocht 50 marks

pros and filiocht are really just short questions... the poems are on the page the storys arn't

they ask about things in the poems/storys like weather and then they ask about a theme or if you like it or not. So nothing to difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

Is there a chance that a poem/prose could repeat from last yr?

• Advertisement

RML wrote: »
    Is there a chance that a poem/prose could repeat from last yr?

yeah they can come up again, I dont think they will but they can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

How long do you write for the questions on Pros and the poetry??

• Registered Users Posts: 30 hiiiisam

What poems/stories do people think are gonna come up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 JustForClarity

hiiiisam wrote: »
    What poems/stories do people think are gonna come up?

Poems: Colscaradh, Mo Ghrá-sa and An Spailpín Fánach are the most likely.

Stories: Cáca Milis, An Gnáthrud and Dís are the most likely.

I hope I can work something into the questions because I haven't studied. I'm really relying on the reading comprehensions to up my marks considering I had a bad oral and potentially mediocre paper one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Denis322

After seeing how easy paper 1 was I'm debating sending my 10 year old brother into this one!

That's what everyone thought about maths II after the easy paper I, didn't turn out that way though :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Poems: Colscaradh, Mo Ghrá-sa and An Spailpín Fánach are the most likely.

Stories: Cáca Milis, An Gnáthrud and Dís are the most likely.

I hope I can work something into the questions because I haven't studied. I'm really relying on the reading comprehensions to up my marks considering I had a bad oral and potentially mediocre paper one.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

That was fun

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Simples

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

giggsy664 wrote: »
    That was fun

Indeed. Finished it at 10:15. The comprehensions were p!ss easy, like junior cert pass level type of stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

DarkDusk wrote: »
    Indeed. Finished it at 10:15. The comprehensions were p!ss easy, like junior cert pass level type of stuff!

Was out by 1023, so easy, love pass irish <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Couldn't have been any easier! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TentacleCubes

Pretty sure I barely managed to scrape a pass.
    I'm so so terrible at Irish. I think I had a better vocabulary when I was in sixth class :s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

Finished at 10:00 with my two comprehensions a page on each story and all my poetry answered and wouldnt leave til eleven mostly because I was so shocked my class werent pouring out. Thought I must have done something wrong! Really was remarkably easy though. Comprehensions were very Junior Cert and luckily I knew my Caca Milis which makes up for the fact I didnt quite look over Dis. My irish teacher was right with his predictions, 4/4, I'm rather creeped.

Advertisement