Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My home ec teacher can't help me with my project

• 10-06-2013 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭

The whole class had already completed there's when I started 5th year in January. I was previously in transition year by force from my previous school and loathed it. Is there any way I can still get my home ec project done?
    The teacher said that I don't have enough time when 6th year starts as we still have a lot of the course to do. Is it possible that I can do it myself and send it off? Or can I seek out a teacher willing to help me from somewhere else?
    Help please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

The journals are sent off for correction before the Halloween break in October of 6th year. Generally they're too difficult to complete by yourself and do need help and guidance from a teacher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭A7XGirl

The journals are sent off for correction before the Halloween break in October of 6th year. Generally they're too difficult to complete by yourself and do need help and guidance from a teacher.

What if I got help from someone outside of school? Would this be eligible?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 happygirl321

It takes a little work but it is very possible. Just get the guidelines and list of food assignments and follow it. Check the exam papers for instructions. Ask the teacher if you can use other cookery classes to complete your assignments or do it after school.
    good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

You cannot complete the assignments by yourself
    A home Ec teacher MUST sign off that cookery was completed under their supervision.
    You can however work your a$$ off, get the investigations, planning and prep pages written up. Teachers are perhaps more willing to go the extra mile for those that walk there with them of their own violation. In other words, if you prove yourself by putting in the hard work, the teacher may be more willing to help you out. A few assignments could be batch cooked together for example over one or two marathon cookery sessions. You could cook on your own during a 1st/2nd/3rd yr cookery class (with permission from your other teachers to miss their classes)
    Have you any cookery done at all? If you don't get some dishes cooked, you can still fill in the investigation, planning and prep and evaluation of (b) specific requirements of the assigment to maximise your marks. You don't have to write off the whole assignment

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

is it not well past the deadline though

• Advertisement
Advertisement