Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPC 4320 - IP Cameras

Options
  • 10-06-2013 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend indoor day/night dome cameras for the SPC - do I have to use Siemens Cameras?

Also can you set up a record function based on motion or alarm triggers - where can you save files to etc

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The only ones Siemens support are Siemens.
    Its trial & error after that for what will work,its down to the format of the command string to grab the images.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Carbon Fibre

Hi Zorch,

I have a Europlex Signet which is the same panel and will be looking to add in camera's at some point and have had a look around, can't confirm this for sure but it looks like the Siemens / Europlex panels may support Axis camera's from what I've seen in a YouTube clip. Take a look at the following link (bear with it), it shows the SPC kit and SPC Anywhere viewing an image via an Axis dome cam and I assume this to be an Axis IP dome of some flavour.

(I assume it's ok to post in a link to youtube?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwm2P5puoC0

With regard to saving footage I've looked at NVR's for storage of captured footage. So far I've only found the AVER EXR6004 Mini HD NVR which looks good and looks to have connections for alarm triggers. I've not tried this unit or the Axis IP camera's so can't confirm if they are the best option.

http://www.avermedia-dvrs.com/

Hope this helps, it's what I will try when I reach that stage unless other options come forward as a result of your thread.

Kind regards

Carbon Fibre

Advertisement