Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clay pigeon shooting

Options
  • 10-06-2013 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

anyone interested in clay pigeon shooting and maybe starting a club in and around kilkenny i know of one club at bishops mountain but its a bit too far away if enough people were interested we could start our own club

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

wolf 999 wrote: »
    anyone interested in clay pigeon shooting and maybe starting a club in and around kilkenny i know of one club at bishops mountain but its a bit too far away if enough people were interested we could start our own club

I suggest you try the shooting forum also.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

Definitely interested myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DUBintheSTICKS

I think you can do it out in Mount Juilet but not sure what the deal is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I am definitely interested in this.

I don't know anything about starting a club but it's something that crossed my mind alright.

You can do clay pigeon shooting out in the activity centre on the ballyfoyle road. As far as I know it's not a club as such - more of a place to go for a day out to try your hand at it, but it seems like a good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

May no a few people interested for it :)
    Biggest problem I guess is where :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

afaik there is a clay club on the skirts of castlecomer towards athy? Remember seeing a poster for it in a chipper

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wolf 999

yeah think that is yellow road gun club they have clay shooting at a bog out there some hotels also have them but they are very expensive they are more just for tourists i was thinking of a club for kilkenny and around it just for club members but i dont think there is enough interest we would need at least 12 members to start from scratch and to get a place to shoot in some disused area like a wooded area or some bogland with a safe background it would take a lot of work but it would worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

Theres is one down near danesfort The cost is to cover insurance and clays and the running of the club. We started the yellow rd gun club over 30 yrs ago. We raise young pheasants and release them. Yrs ago we were able to run fund raising through functions in pubs and the likes but thats gone now so the Clay shoot is a help to the funds I am not sure but if you are a paid member there is a discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wolf 999

do you have any contact detailes of danesfort club if so could you pm me or post here thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Harbour House Sports Club in Athy has one of the best, if not the best, Clay shooting setups around. They cater for non-club members and is not expensive.
    8 traps I think. Only 40 minutes away on the old road to Dublin.

http://www.harbourhouseshooting.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

I have seen some offers on Lyrath's facebook page suggesting that they offer clay pigeon shooting. I forget how much it was but it looked open to anyone, not just guests.

Advertisement