Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming

Options
  • 10-06-2013 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi, I'm fifteen year old, who unfortunately can't swim.It was assumed for ages I had Raynaud's,though it is only now it was realised I don't , which is why I can't swim. I really want to learn to swim,as I feel it would be really useful for the future though it seens every class is done by ability level,which I don't want to do as I'd be really embarrassed in the same class as five year olds.
    Does anyone know of anywhere classes are done by age,or if there's a beach with mild water when I can ask a friend to teach me? I'm in the Dunhill direction so nowhere to far from there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

I'm sure you will be able to sort out some individual lessons in splashworld. They might be expensive but learning to swim is one of those life skills that you need. There also might be a teenage beginners group as well. No harm in asking them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

Have you rung up the nearest swimming pools and asked? I know there's someone at the pool at the Clonea Hotel that does lessons but that might be a bit far to travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

Park Hotel, Dungarvan does private lessons

Advertisement