Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

healthy dark chocolate??

Options
  • 10-06-2013 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Can anyone recommend a dark chocolate bar which is healthier then the rest? ie low in fat thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

What about Green & Black's?

I always got the impression it was less bad for you than the rest. I wouldn't say there is a 'healthy' type of chocolate though! :p

greenblack1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Jason Todd wrote: »
    What about Green & Black's?

I always got the impression it was less bad for you than the rest. I wouldn't say there is a 'healthy' type of chocolate though! :p

greenblack1.jpg

Thats a vote for the marketing department of Green and Black !

Green and Black use organic cocoa and sugar and claim that their ingredients are of very high quality.

High quality organic sugar is still sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

Seeds of change is all organic I believe. I bought it a couple of times in H&B. There are other bars of chocolate in the health food stores, some are dairy free etc. Best to have a good look.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Part of the "healthiness" comes from the fact that its difficult to eat loads. I could easily polish a kilo of dairy milk, a few squares of lindt 99% and its enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

"Organic" is generally a bit wooly in terms of standards anyway but I don't think it ever has any bearing on how healthy food is (more to do with eco-friendliness, which is good but not what you were asking about).

• Advertisement
Advertisement