Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Price and Availability

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I'm going to buy 2 just to annoy you.

Do whatever you want I don't mind just warning people.
    You'd be wasting a grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 chiefohara05

There is the whole experience of it all. Getting something new, exploring a new gaming eco system for the first time and everyone around is in the same boat and you can't go online looking for guide and tips, it's great.

I love it. I only ever got one console at launch before and can't wait to do it again (won't be with the XBO mind). I never limit myself to one console so I don't care about a "winner". I just want as much gaming as possible,

Fair enough, i just remember the Jaguar and the Dreamcast falling short, but if you are buying multiple consoles then fair enough :)

Chances are none of them will fail anyway, Xbox one pre-orders are apparently gone already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

zero19 wrote: »
    I keep seeing that over and over, what if I bring my console on holidays. Who the fcuk does that?

I can only assume from your comment you don't have a family, as an example I go with my kids to the west coast a couple of times a year, where I have the use of a house. We spend most of the days when the weather is good out and about sight seeing.

Now, when the weather is bad or most evenings, the 360 is a valuable tool keeping the kids occupied and there has been great fun had when cousin call over playing Dance central. This place is so far west there is no 3g signal, and if you play around with the aerial, you can get rte1 in a snow storm.

So when you have a family and you holiday in Ireland's more beautiful counties the xbox one really is not a one device that can be used.

I hope I have cleared up some of the confusion on this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Email from Amazon yesterday:

We have upgraded your pre-order for the Xbox One: Standard Edition to the Xbox One: Day One Edition console with commemorative controller at no extra cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

having a "Day One Edition" reeks of desperation from Microsoft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

pre ordered the xbone :D cant wait

to be fair 500e is ALOT but i was expecting it
    but i didnt think for a second the ps4 would be cheaper, if anything i thought it would be 100e more expensive haha

but i dont mind , xbox one is just my preference, has everything il need
    just need to see how much the games are going to cost now :/ dont fancy giving 100e for 1 game :L

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

having a "Day One Edition" reeks of desperation from Microsoft.

I guess Sony are desperate too so:

258304.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭halolma

Gamestop now have Xbox One at €499.99

no more deposits of €20.... I know you get order them from Microsoft Store and they will deliver.

They are based in Sandyford if anyone is interested.

I guess Sony are desperate too so:

258304.png

Don't forget PS4 owners.... You will be paying for the privilege of online multiplayer gaming!

halolma wrote: »
    Don't forget PS4 owners.... You will be paying for the privilege of online multiplayer gaming!

You say that like it would be something new, but xbox players that are switching over have always had to pay for that privilege, and now they won't be treated like criminals in a prison locked down system.

Some people need get adult advise on basic consumer rights before spending their parents hard ended money,, and signing up to a draconian anti consumer system .

This advise is from a life long Microsoft fan, and I am sick that Microsoft are forcing me to change....

My only hope is that if enough of us hold out, they can change the software system in the console, and I can become a fan again.

• Advertisement

NORTH1 wrote: »
    You say that like it would be something new, but xbox players that are switching over have always had to pay for that privilege, and now they won't be treated like criminals in a prison locked down system.

Some people need get adult advise on basic consumer rights before spending their parents hard ended money,, and signing up to a draconian anti consumer system .

This advise is from a life long Microsoft fan, and I am sick that Microsoft are forcing me to change....

My only hope is that if enough of us hold out, they can change the software system in the console, and I can become a fan again.

Microsoft are not forcing you to change.. They are not forcing you to buy the XB1 either. What is wrong with your 360

There is nothing wrong with the policies that they have in place, and they are subject to change. The only thing they MAY change is the check in. Other than that.. nothing, no.

If there was no used games market, more developers/publishers would have more money to put back into games... The 30 day rule is how it works[search for it to understand]you do know that it takes a couple of million to create a game, not just a hundred ?

or did you think they make games with sticky-back plastic and pipe cleaners.

Microsoft is changing the way you play your games, and its for the best... The reason why they didn't go full digital this time, is due to the fact that **** head companies like Smyths/Gamestop etc.. would complain and bitch about not making money from used games as since thats where most of their sales would be, especially Gamestop. Microsoft had to find a common ground that would please publishers and gamers.. Can't have it both ways...

Cliffy B has even came out and said such... if you don't know who he is GOOGLE him!!

Microsoft are not forcing you to change.. They are not forcing you to buy the XB1 either. What is wrong with your 360

There is nothing wrong with the policies that they have in place, and they are subject to change. The only thing they MAY change is the check in. Other than that.. nothing, no.

If there was no used games market, more developers/publishers would have more money to put back into games... The 30 day rule is how it works[search for it to understand]you do know that it takes a couple of million to create a game, not just a hundred ?

or did you think they make games with sticky-back plastic and pipe cleaners.

Microsoft is changing the way you play your games, and its for the best... The reason why they didn't go full digital this time, is due to the fact that **** head companies like Smyths/Gamestop etc.. would complain and bitch about not making money from used games as since thats where most of their sales would be, especially Gamestop. Microsoft had to find a common ground that would please publishers and gamers.. Can't have it both ways...

Cliffy B has even came out and said such... if you don't know who he is GOOGLE him!!

Like your CEOs, you seem to have no understanding of your consumer base, all I am reading from the Microsoft side is pure arrogance, and contempt for their loyal costumers. I've seen and experienced this attitude in the past.

And your right at the moment there is no good reason for me to change from my 360, but I don't think that is what this launch was suppose to be about.......

Like your CEOs, you seem have no understanding of your consumer base, all I am reading from the Microsoft side is pure arrogance, and contempt for there loyal costumers. I've seen and experienced this attitude in the past.

And your right at the moment there is no good reason for me to change from my 360, but I don't think that is what this launch was suppose to be about.......

Sure okay.. You are right...

Let them create a new Xbox, one where people can hack, modify and download illegal copies of games.

Let people modify their consoles in anyway they choose, so they can ruin other peoples online enjoyment.

Sure **** the publishers/developers that put time and money into games that you enjoy.. Sure its there own stupid fault for making games in the first place! You didn't ask them to make the games the way they did!

**** 'em all!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yep, they will but they will also get a few €100 worth of free games during the year included with that and discounts on digital downloads. MS don't offer that. MS give 5 year old games for free now while some of the ones on PSN are only 6 months old.

Let them create a new Xbox, one where people can hack, modify and download illegal copies of games.

Let people modify their consoles in anyway they choose, so they can ruin other peoples online enjoyment.

Sure **** the publishers/developers that put time and money into games that you enjoy.. Sure its there own stupid fault for making games in the first place! You didn't ask them to make the games the way they did!

**** 'em all!!

Well that escalated quickly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

**** 'em all!!
    01 208 3263 call this number... and talk to joe.....

I took halolma's advice and googled Cliffy B, and this is the first article I found.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Cliffy-B-Supports-Xbox-One-Killing-Used-Games-Rentals-Lending-56699.html

Microsoft have have misjudged this so badly, someone needs to get ths chop.....

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭TheBuck

zero19 wrote: »
    I keep seeing that over and over, what if I bring my console on holidays. Who the fcuk does that?

Exactly!! The thing is a block and christ knows how much it weighs! It sits in your living room forever and not for mobile gaming.

I can only assume from your comment you don't have a family, as an example I go with my kids to the west coast a couple of times a year, where I have the use of a house. We spend most of the days when the weather is good out and about sight seeing.

Now, when the weather is bad or most evenings, the 360 is a valuable tool keeping the kids occupied and there has been great fun had when cousin call over playing Dance central. This place is so far west there is no 3g signal, and if you play around with the aerial, you can get rte1 in a snow storm.

So when you have a family and you holiday in Ireland's more beautiful counties the xbox one really is not a one device that can be used.

I hope I have cleared up some of the confusion on this point.

Massive thing to be carrying around might be better off with a Wii Id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Rezident

I'm very surprised at the significant price premium over the Playstation. I think it's safe to say it's not looking good for Microsoft at this stage.

• Advertisement

TheBuck wrote: »
    Massive thing to be carrying around might be better off with a Wii Id say.

Really?

Really? You must be very small......

Ah no need to be an asshole .

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Gives it, but can't take it. Boo hoo.

Gives it, but can't take it. Boo hoo.

I must have missed where I insulted anyone here, my comment is a relative remark, as it is a long stretch to consider a xbox "Massive".

Your comments are off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 chiefohara05

I must have missed where I insulted anyone here, my comment is a relative remark, as it is a long stretch to consider a xbox "Massive".

Your comments are off topic.

Lead by example. Retract your remark to him first

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

On topic please lads, and refrain from attacking posters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Wait wait wait now who was it that miley was riding in glenroe?

and who was the Daddy of sharons baby in the snapper?? oh let me tell ya bout the georgey porgy... ;)

EHM OH WAIT Xbox one.....

will they backtrack do any of you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Trait

Wait wait wait now who was it that miley was riding in glenroe?

and who was the Daddy of sharons baby in the snapper?? oh let me tell ya bout the georgey porgy... ;)

EHM OH WAIT Xbox one.....

will they backtrack do any of you think?

Nah I don't think so.
    They are trying to follow the Steam model http://pastebin.com/uCmdh9jB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,252 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Trait wrote: »
    Nah I don't think so.
    They are trying to follow the Steam model http://pastebin.com/uCmdh9jB

Maybe a more money grabbing version of steam. Steam accounts are free and you don't have to pay anything to play online. Also games are way way cheaper, especially in sales and there are loads of free games too.

Advertisement