Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Price and Availability

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

I reserved mine in GameStop they are giving 25% extra on trade ins that go towards the deposit, they will let you pay bit by bit too, like a fifty here and there

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Lads Ive been reading so much now about both these consoles that I haven't a clue what to go for?

One question,

What would be the benefit of getting a XB1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Lads Ive been reading so much now about both these consoles that I haven't a clue what to go for?

One question,

You'd be the only kid on the block with one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

One question,

For now, the "Family" game library sharing plan and one Gold account for the console are the best bits.

The cloud computing, if it comes off, could be cool (the way that it's described by some here for Titanfall and the like). But, it all depends on whether Devs put the effort into using these features (because they know that they're there on the XBox platform, whereas they'd have to set that up themselves for PS), but that adds extra time and expense into Cross-Platform titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

One question,

At the end of the day its all about the games. Depends on which exclusive games you like, last gen had halo/gears on xbox and ps3 had resistance/killzone etc etc. Both consoles will always get a lot of common ones like call of duty. Of course they all do stuff like, media/bluray player etc etc, but these are number 1 game consoles and thats what influences me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Having read up on both consoles I've started to come to the conclusion that the Xbox one is a revolutionary product whereas the ps4 is an improved ps3. Depends really what floats your boat. This probably won't become apparent for 3 years though. All imo of course.

I'd still happily buy a ps4, but I loved my 360 so much, it was such a rock star console that I'm willing to give my money to Xbox provided that it suits my needs when the time comes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How exactly is it more revolutionary? My 360 is more of a boy band console(4th one), PS3 is a singer songwriter.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭TheBuck

FutureGuy wrote: »
    On topic please lads, and refrain from attacking posters.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

...the Xbox one is a revolutionary product...

That's one word for it... a few others would be confusing, anti-consumer or expensive.

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

MOD: I'm allowing this thread to remain separate from the Xbox One thread providing it stays on topic as it serves a purpose. Please keep discussion to where you can preorder and for how much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭TheBuck

From what I hear and from Past experience I hear Smyths is the way to go, More reliable perhaps slightly cheaper on Launch Day maybe?

Hard to know really , all I know is that id like to have it on Launch Day 100% no BS. My biggest fear is that they will have issues like they did with the original xbox 360 , Ring of Death etc etc etc So hope they got the Production down to a fine art and not gone cheap on it.

Smyths is €20 deposit to reserve for launch day same as GameStop and €499 asking price

I bet Tesco will have them midnight the same as blops 2 and mw3 and the prices were good, but they are not taking orders it's a first come first served system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

wonder if smyths will do any types of bundles like they did for the wii-u, get console and a game for a reduced priced. I don't remember any offical bundles when the ps3/xbox360 launched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

syboit wrote: »
    wonder if smyths will do any types of bundles like they did for the wii-u, get console and a game for a reduced priced. I don't remember any offical bundles when the ps3/xbox360 launched.

Smyths did launch bundles for the 360. I got a bundle that included PDZ and PGR3 and a controller for €519 with the loyality card. The console was €399 at launch and the games were €60-70 each, a controller was about €60 too so it was a good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Are Smyths still taking pre-orders?

mcgovern wrote: »
    Are Smyths still taking pre-orders?

See above post

Went to GameStop today to drop a few quid on my account, the fella said it will be 2-4 weeks before launch date before they know what kind of bundles will be available, I hope there will be a good few titles out for launch

Advertisement