Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25 for €25

Options
  • 10-06-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

The Food Centre on tuam rd in Galway are selling 25 chicken fillets for €25. Normally I get mine in tesco which is 2 for €4 so I was well happy with this.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,545 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You can usually get decent sized ones at €1 each in any butchers, Tesco is just hideously dear for meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Whats for dinner?
    Sweet jesus ,not chicken again.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Good title - 25 things for 25€, good deal ! ;-) nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Have you eaten any yet op?
    Whats the quality/taste like?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cs5

Eh....SuperValu have been doing this for ages. They are doing 5 for €5 so 25 for €25. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

cs5 wrote: »
    Eh....SuperValu have been doing this for ages. They are doing 5 for €5 so 25 for €25. :cool:

it all depends on the weight . sv fillets are 100g each so 5 x 100g for 5 euro. your butcher may have bigger or smaller for the same price. you cant compare units you need to compare weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Food Center in Sligo has been doing this for a few years, I get them and separate them and freeze. They are always very big fillets and better value imo than the supervalu fillets which are small in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭ablelocks

weight of chicken fillets has to take into account the water content - usually far higher in the supermarket fillets than the butchers.

cook one of each in a george foreman - there's usually double the liquid content in the tray from a supermarket fillet than from a butchers fillet (tesco and supervalu vs 2 different local butchers)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭holdmybeer

I had some last night with a vindaloo, good size fillets. Froze the rest so I can go back to em whenever I fancy. They're not as fresh as a butchers but much bigger. Their 180g each.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Butchers in the Square, Tallaght has a similar deal. 20/25 for €20 I think

[ground floor]

• Advertisement
Advertisement