Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buzzing on car stero

• 10-06-2013 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭

I have an Iphone 4s, just got a cable to allow charging and to connect to the AUX in the car. When I plugged it in there is a "buzzing" sound coming through the speakers, even when the phone is still in the home screen mode. When playing music, sound is very poor. When sliding from home screen to home screen, there is a swiping buzz.

I have connected her Iphone 4 to the car and no problems, nice clear sound. Both phones are on the same network with the same IOS.

Is there any settings I am missing that would remove the noise? Is there an update that might fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sounds like some sort of interference. Where did you get cable from?
    Can you try another car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Make sure there is no dirt in the headphone socket on the iPhone. Has to a problem with yours if the girlfriends is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ah, I didn't cop one phone works and not the other.
    Yeah you can hoover your phone plug to remove any debris, it could also be a hardware issue. Does yours work fine with headphones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Ok, I got the cable via adverts, it plugs into the main charging point and not the earphone jack. I found what the problem seem to be, Once I unplug from the power the noise goes. I cleaned the port out. Think there could be an issue with my phone, I have a dock station that my phone charges on but will only play music and not you-tube, but it plays it on the Wife's phone no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

you have "dirty power" which is why you're getting a noise when the phone is charging. happened to me in my old car. I decided to live with it, but if it bothers you you can get whats known as a surpressor fitted.

when you're sitting in the car with the engine running and the phone charging, when you rev the car do you hear a whine? if so you need a surpressor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

you have "dirty power" which is why you're getting a noise when the phone is charging. happened to me in my old car. I decided to live with it, but if it bothers you you can get whats known as a surpressor fitted.

when you're sitting in the car with the engine running and the phone charging, when you rev the car do you hear a whine? if so you need a surpressor.

Any idea on where to get one or how easy to fit? I sell car parts, but not electrical stuff.

EDIT: Google my friend found them.

Advertisement