Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with picking a pub for a sat nite

Options
  • 10-06-2013 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

Hi,
    Am meeting up with about 8-10 pals at the end of the month and trying to decide on a pub city centre, preferably not too far from grafton street/dame st area. Preferably not too mad busy and not too loud - so we can actually chat - haven't seen some people in a long time. I like the more traditional pubs like Kehoes but that place is nuts on a sat nite. Love McDaid's too but it's too small for a big group. We are a bunch of 35-40y.o.'s
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Bull and Castle at Christ Church has a nice atmosphere. You could even reserve an are upstairs. Nice selection of beers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Nelson Mandela

You have just the right amount of you's to fill the Dawson lounge. If there's other people already in there though you won't fit in! Or how about that place under the Stephens green shopping centre...Sinnotts I think it is

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Nelson Mandela

winston82 wrote: »
    Bull and Castle at Christ Church has a nice atmosphere. You could even reserve an are upstairs. Nice selection of beers too.

Spot on. Great choice of proper beers to sample upstairs in there

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

if youre looking for a nice pub in that area, how about:

Nearys
    Stags Head
    Library bar
    JJ's
    The Swan
    Porterhouse central
    Mercantile - gets busy later on but its massive so you can find space
    Dorans tavern on the green

Bars:
    C central bar - tends to be reasonably quiet
    O bar at the Radisson
    Globe
    4 Dame lane - early doors
    Speakeasy café bar
    Mcgrattans in the lane - just off Baggot street
    Matt the Thresher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Upstairs in the Lord Edward, Christchurch, fits the bill

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

I really like The Duke - for some unknown reason it's always easy to get a table on saturday nights, and upstairs is a great spot for a chat... have been here on a few dates and have been able to hear each other fine (although in some cases that wasn't for the best!) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

YumCha wrote: »
    I really like The Duke - for some unknown reason it's always easy to get a table on saturday nights, and upstairs is a great spot for a chat... have been here on a few dates and have been able to hear each other fine (although in some cases that wasn't for the best!) :)

+1

The Duke. Great pub, always able to get a seat, music thats not searing your earholes, good priced booze.

Was actually there last Saturday night, its easily one of my favourite pubs in the city centre.

Advertisement