Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom's 30 Day Notice Rule Change

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Bozacke wrote: »
    According to Eircom, in February, 2011 they changed their policy requiring a 30 days’ notice prior to cancellation or you would be subject to a cancellation fee, even though I already had an existing contract with Eircom that didn't have this requirement. They claim this was sent out to all customers and by not responding to their mail you were in agreement. I save all my mail and I thoroughly went through it all and I never received such a notice. I asked Eircom to provide proof that I was notified and they can't and they claim even if I didn't receive notification of the new Eircom policy, because I continued to use the Eircom service, I was agreeing to the new terms I wasn't aware of.

Hi Bozacke,

I too am a current long term old contract customer of Eircom and this thread made me check back. I do not recall any change or update to a cancellation fee I agreed to that I can locate in my files, so while you are being quoted current terms and conditions for cancellation (no issues there), I think you are right to challenge this in its current form, so you have some support on your stance here. Well done.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Bozacke,

I too am a current long term old contract customer of Eircom and this thread made me check back. I do not recall any change or update to a cancellation fee I agreed to that I can locate in my files, so while you are being quoted current terms and conditions for cancellation (no issues there), I think you are right to challenge this in its current form, so you have some support on your stance here. Well done.

Thanks.
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Ok Bozacke

I can assure you that I have read your posts. I will not respond to this any further as I have made myself perfectly clear on eircoms position regarding this issue. If you wish to take legal action you are more than welcome to.

Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Bozacke

Ok Bozacke

I can assure you that I have read your posts. I will not respond to this any further as I have made myself perfectly clear on eircoms position regarding this issue. If you wish to take legal action you are more than welcome to.

Al
    Hello Alan,

Sorry, maybe you read my posts, but apparently you didn't comprehend, since it is quite clear I am 100% right. You can not change someones contract without notifying them.

Eircom has become such a joke, despite the possible impact it may have on our economy, I will enjoy the day when Eircom goes under.

Hello Alan,

Sorry, maybe you read my posts, but apparently you didn't comprehend, since it is quite clear I am 100% right. You can not change someones contract without notifying them.

Eircom has become such a joke, despite the possible impact it may have on our economy, I will enjoy the day when Eircom goes under.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Bozacke[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]I do comprehend what you are saying however I am only offering eircoms position in response as you are posting this to an eircom page on this forum that is responsible to offering customer service and advice. I think you need to remember that I can only convey eircoms position to this and not mine personally before insulting my intelligence. As I already said you are more than welcome to take legal action on this.

Al[/font]

Bozacke

I do comprehend what you are saying however I am only offering eircoms position in response as you are posting this to an eircom page on this forum that is responsible to offering customer service and advice. I think you need to remember that I can only convey eircoms position to this and not mine personally before insulting my intelligence. As I already said you are more than welcome to take legal action on this.

Al
    Alan,

You didn't read again and you still want the last word. Typical of an eircom shill.

I'll say it one more time, You can not change someones contract without notifying them!!!

• Advertisement

Alan,

You didn't read again and you still want the last word. Typical of an eircom shill.

I'll say it one more time, You can not change someones contract without notifying them!!!
    Bozacke

I've sent you a DM

Al

Bozacke

I've sent you a DM

Al
    Hello Alan,

I'm sorry, but your DM just repeated the same nonsense I have already received from you and the rest of the eircom shills.

Once again please read - "I NEVER RECEIVED ANY NOTIFICATION FROM EIRCOM"!!!

and posting your new contract requirements on the eircom website doesn't constitute informing customers!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Alan,

I'm sorry, but your DM just repeated the same nonsense I have already received from you and the rest of the eircom shills.

Once again please read - "I NEVER RECEIVED ANY NOTIFICATION FROM EIRCOM"!!!

and posting your new contract requirements on the eircom website doesn't constitute informing customers!!!!!!!!!!!

Bozacke

Please view this extract from my PM:

If you advise that you did not receive this notice of change please be advised that per our terms and conditions of telephone service section 2 it states:

2. Use by the Customer or by another person (whether or not such a person is acting
    with the authority of the Customer) of any telecommunications service provided by
    eircom, shall be deemed to constitute an acceptance of this Agreement. This
    Agreement shall be deemed to commence on the date the service has been first
    provided and the services will continue unless and until terminated pursuant to this

Agreement.

Use of our service agrees acceptance of this terms and conditions and as per these conditions all customers are required to provide 30 days notification to cease their account.

The charges on your final bill are valid and will stand.

If you are not happy with this then you can also go to comreg or take further legal action

Al

Bozacke

Please view this extract from my PM:

If you advise that you did not receive this notice of change please be advised that per our terms and conditions of telephone service section 2 it states:

2. Use by the Customer or by another person (whether or not such a person is acting
    with the authority of the Customer) of any telecommunications service provided by
    eircom, shall be deemed to constitute an acceptance of this Agreement. This
    Agreement shall be deemed to commence on the date the service has been first
    provided and the services will continue unless and until terminated pursuant to this

Agreement.

Use of our service agrees acceptance of this terms and conditions and as per these conditions all customers are required to provide 30 days notification to cease their account.

The charges on your final bill are valid and will stand.

If you are not happy with this then you can also go to comreg or take further legal action

Al
    Hi Al,

The 30 days notification was not part of my contract or agreement. As I have said 100 times before eicom is not god, they can not change the rules and not notify the customer of the changes. I never received any notification and posting contractual changes on an eircom website does not constitute notifying the customers!!!!!

Pretty simple!!!

Hi Ali,

The 30 days notification was not part of my contract or agreement. As I have said 100 times before eicom is not god, they can not change the rules and not notify the customer of the changes. I never received any notification and posting contractual changes on an eircom website does not constitute notifying the customers!!!!!

Pretty simple!!!

Hi Bozacke

Ok, If you wish to challenge this I suggest you contact comreg or take further legal action

Al

• Advertisement

Hi Bozacke

Ok, If you wish to challenge this I suggest you contact comreg or take further legal action

Al
    Hello Alan,

I already contacted comreg, but they are very slow to respond, but I am confident I will prevail!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Herr Khume Schuccs

Hi Bozacke,
    I have the same problem and found your post helpful at the time, thanks. For info, ComReg have recently ruled against Eircom's 30 day notice requirement, see http://www.comreg.ie/_fileupload/publications/ComReg13114.pdf
    HKS

Advertisement