Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requirements for customs

Options
  • 10-06-2013 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

I am going to Canada 1st wk of July, I have my job offer letter, LMO and medical cert, do I have to have a garda clearance cert? as I just got a call from them saying there is previous convictions which are over 10yrs old except for a driving conviction in 2005, the other convictions were for assault and small amount of canibas, things have changed a lot since then, family man now with 4 kids so don't know if this will effect me going into Canada :(
    My wife had got one for me when I was in Australia last year and it only showed up the driving conviction, will this one be outdated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

didnt you need to provide one during the LMO? If so and youve been issued with one successfully, I dont think you'll need to have a garda clearance form with you on entry to the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

You don't need a garda cert for an LMO

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Theimprover

The company I'm going working for just sent me on a copy of there Lmo, they have an open Lmo for 20 workers, I didn't have to give them any paperwork, I thought that I would have to produce a garda clearance cert to customs for my work permit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

The company I'm going working for just sent me on a copy of there Lmo, they have an open Lmo for 20 workers, I didn't have to give them any paperwork, I thought that I would have to produce a garda clearance cert to customs for my work permit.

Nope, you don't. 100% you don't. They might ask if you have a criminal record though. I didn't need a garda cert for mine in March

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ui_dubh

hi guys,
    did any of you bring a wife/husband/partner in on your lmo?? how does it work? i am unsure as to how I get work permit for her and myself. I have my lmo and waiting on AAIT approval to fly over but my wife isnt mentioned on the lmo? so how do it work for her at the airport (point of entry) ? do we just produce a marriage cert?

any info would help guys!

regards
    ui_dubh

• Advertisement
Advertisement