Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mirrors Edge: Catalyst

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

gizmo wrote: »
    Agreed but bear in mind the footage is in-engine, not in-game. Definitely looking forward to some proper gameplay videos. :)

Played it at EGX last year. It looked stunning then too but more importantly, it played incredibly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Otacon wrote: »

Cheers Otacon for the heads up about the beta. It looks like it's been worth the wait and all the set backs. I'm looking forward to it's release but I'm not sure if my machine will be able to handle it (it's on it's last legs).

Funnily enough I only came across Mirror's Edge when someone gave me it because they'd thought I'd like it. They'd bought it for themselves but then realised it was "too girly" and gave it to me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Aw man the beta code for PSN is linked to the country you are in and Ireland isn't on their list. Bollix acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Aw man the beta code for PSN is linked to the country you are in and Ireland isn't on their list. Bollix acting.

What happens if you select another country? I just picked United Kingdom instead.

J. Marston wrote: »
    What happens if you select another country? I just picked United Kingdom instead.

It says the code will only work for the country you choose if it is the same country as registered on your psn account. I'll pick UK as well hoping it still works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

What I've heard of the soundtrack is great. Sounds new but Mirrors Edge at the same time.
    Glad they brought back the same crowd, Solar Fields I think the name is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

When is the beta out. Signed up for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Bit of Gameplay information and footage in the latest video.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Clever tutorial. I assume the prompts die down after the first chapter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Mr E wrote: »
    Clever tutorial. I assume the prompts die down after the first chapter.

Like the first game really then, the first level was a training tutorial.

I don't mind the red it will remind me of the first one, I do hope the buttons on surfaces go away.

Really looking forward to this now.

Ah it's only two weeks more, not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Anyone get an email? My friend got an email but today and they give you an extra code but he has PC unfortunately. Hopefully I get my Xb1 email. :o

Nothing yet for me either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    Anyone get an email? My friend got an email but today and they give you an extra code but he has PC unfortunately. Hopefully I get my Xb1 email. :o
    I got an email but I'm on PC

Got one. Mirrors Edge twitter tweeted pictures of codes for different platforms.

They also said there will be more mailed out tomorrow. If I get an email Ill share them here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Who wants a PC beta code?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Spear wrote: »

I'll take it if you don't want it... :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Fieldog wrote: »
    I'll take it if you don't want it... :)

Sent by PM.

I got mine for xbox over night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I've a spare PS4 code if anyone wants it?

RedXIV wrote: »
    I've a spare PS4 code if anyone wants it?

Yes please if you still have it?

Just got to the open world, I'm liking it so far still not sure about it being open world yet. The combat is bad, laughably bad at the moment. LS and Y to push an enemy into another one and they collapse in a heap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Spear wrote: »

Please, if you've still got it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Just got to the open world, I'm liking it so far still not sure about it being open world yet. The combat is bad, laughably bad at the moment. LS and Y to push an enemy into another one and they collapse in a heap :D

The tutorial for fighting was really bad, none of that knocking enemies into each other work and they said you would still have a running flow while fighting but I'm not getting that at all

J294C-2M4MV-HQJP2-Q3RT3-GFTQZ

THP6F-6F2DK-TFF26-2YJ49-243JZ

There's two Xbox one codes.

I really can't see a reason for this being open world from what played so far. I get a new mission marker on my map I'm like ffs do I have to lb , lt and maybe fight some guys and press x and y and the way there. I love the movement as I did in the 1st game but the open world they created isn't nearly interesting enough for me to want to spent 20-30 hours free running around doing all the side mission and collectibles, maybe that will change as I play a bit more but I doubt it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I've a PC code going abegging if anyone wants it.

So far so good playing it for me - much grittier than the original I think...

Advertisement