Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mirrors Edge: Catalyst

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I've been having a better time with the deliveries between getting all the abilities and getting better at the game.

There was one time where I got to the end of a delivery, was told I failed, had someone giving out but got the
    experience and the mission went away.
    Hope that hasn't glitched anything for me but counting it as a win so far.

Also modified my tag and emblem. Nothing major but it feels more personal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

I had no idea it's also available on Electronic Arts

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nathan G

I hope they don't mess it up. The first was a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Nathan G wrote: »
    I hope they don't mess it up. The first was a good game.

They did mess it up, they went and made it open world with RPG elements when it didn't need to be. It's lost alot of what made the first game good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

They did mess it up, they went and made it open world with RPG elements when it didn't need to be. It's lost alot of what made the first game good.

I hated the open world, just staring across the road wondering how the hell to get to that side, spent 30 minutes once then just gave up.
    Also did the first game have levelling up, can't remeber

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Rorok wrote: »
    I hated the open world, just staring across the road wondering how the hell to get to that side, spent 30 minutes once then just gave up.
    Also did the first game have levelling up, can't remeber

Nope, the first game was just a series of linear levels with few hidden secrets but it was well done.

Well I'm still enjoying it. All I've left are the Dashes, Time Trials and Beats now.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nathan G

God damn it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got this when it was on sale on PSN (Only €10). Just started and it looks as gorgeous as the first game and the running still feels great but one thing is annoying me. The button prompts. You have an option of three types of Runner Vision (Full, Classic, None) but all of them have button prompts. After 10 minutes, I know how to jump and climb. Why treat the player like a dope?

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Got this when it was on sale on PSN (Only €10). Just started and it looks as gorgeous as the first game and the running still feels great but one thing is annoying me. The button prompts. You have an option of three types of Runner Vision (Full, Classic, None) but all of them have button prompts. After 10 minutes, I know how to jump and climb. Why treat the player like a dope?
    The only time I see the prompts anymore are when I am replaying the first mission.
    I can see how that would get on your nerves though.

Have you tried tinkering around in the settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The only time I see the prompts anymore are when I am replaying the first mission.
    I can see how that would get on your nerves though.

Have you tried tinkering around in the settings?

Yeah, does nothing. I thought they would disappear with classic/none RV but it doesn't.

It's a minor annoyance though, not going to ruin the game which feels like is gonna be good.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Yeah, does nothing. I thought they would disappear with classic/none RV but it doesn't.

It's a minor annoyance though, not going to ruin the game which feels like is gonna be good.
    That is strange.

Have fun, I still throw it on from time to time to tear about the city and get into trouble, love how it feels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Just picked this up and even at €15 I think I've overpaid. It's one of the blandest games I can remember in quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Yea I got this cheap enough too. I loved the first one and had a bit of fun with this one for a while but it wore thin pretty quick.

I found when I opened a new area more like a chore to find the new stuff than being excited at some new areas to travel around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The original is one on of my favourite games of the previous generation. Can't get on with the sequel at all. They expanded upon the faults of the original and lost focus with the open world setting. Seriously disappointing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Started this and finding it pretty good and reading the comments above about the open world rings true. I think there is probably going to be too much to explore. I just got that hook thing to cross large gaps so not too far into it.

Playing more of this this evening and loving it. Game world isn't too big so far anyway even though in last comment above I said it was but that was more from reading comments in this thread, I am actually loving that you can travel around the city at will and in a large area to do so too.

Finished this game just now. I loved the open world aspect and the game area never felt too big. I also loved doing those tower missions where you unlock fast travel. Overall it was a brilliant game.

Advertisement