Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New wetsuit time

Options
  • 10-06-2013 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

as some of you might have seen from my log I'm new to triathlon, had my first open water swim yesterday using my surf wetsuit and I know have a very painful rash on my neck despite using a rash vest, combined with the restrictive arms it is time to invest in a swimming wetsuit.

Looking at the moment at a deal I saw and I am trying to decide between a Blue Seventy Synergie and a Blue Seventy Reaction, what are people opinions on these?

Also I wear a medium size O'Neils Psycho surf wetsuit so I was going to go for a medium size in this aswell. The sizing guide says 5'8" - 6'1" and 158-187lbs and I am about 6' and 184lbs so towards the bigger end for this suit but I think it should be good, what do you think?

Finally, do people prefer a trisuit or separate top and jersey for when racing? Im not sure which to get.

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

In theory you will be a medium tall possibly a large tall in most triathlon wetsuit ranges. If it is your first triathlon wetsuit you really need to be fitted to get the sizing right.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Any tall guys I know prefer a trisuit to a separate tri top and shorts, because the top and shorts are usually too short for their frame and have an irritating gap at the waist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Thanks amphking and Oryx. I think I should probably try organise a fitting in B2R or something to see about sizing. I had suspected I was a medium tall, I think going for a medium is one of those things that I am telling myself I will go down in weight, ideally I'd like to get down to about 180, I've already dropped a couple of pounds since I started training.

I had been thinking a trisuit would be easier as well when taking off the wetsuit it is less likely to come off with it and would more likely stay in place on me. I think I will need to try on a few of them too. I have noticed that the compression tops I have I bought slightly larger than I need so the torso is long enough but they can be a little loose elsewhere.

Thanks again for the advice, almost jumped the gun on this and bought mediums last night, glad I waited.

Advertisement