Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford

Options
  • 10-06-2013 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

In Waterford for the week and weather has turned bad, any suggestions for things to do with two kids under 5?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I take it you have a car?

Kidzone in Ardkeen, shopping beside it.
    Runamuck in Tramore, they can paint their own pottery out there too.
    Playgrounds at Dunmore East, Passage East, the park and Fenor are brilliant.
    Walk along the quay looking at the river.
    Catching crabs in the pools at Dunmore East.
    Swimming at Splash World / Kingfisher / Waterford Glass.
    Take the scooters around the Nature park.
    Make pizzas in Espresso.
    See glass being blown at Cathedral Square / Waterford glass tour.
    Tour of REginalds tower.
    Hook lighthouse.
    Passage East Car ferry trip.
    Cinema by Tesco Poleberry.
    Suir Railway train in Kilmeaden, theres a lovely playground out there too.

Mine are a bit younger so I may be a bit off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Some nice ideas there, but I wouldn't take under fives to Reginald's Tower! Or the Waterford Glass tour, not of any huge interest to under 5s I think. Have a look in the libraries in Lady Lane and Ard Keen (near the hospital) for story telling, or you might see other ideas on the notice boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Prorbaly true bout, more for my amusement than the kids!

Storytelling in the Book Centre every Saturday too.

Saturday market in town too with crepes!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

Thanks for all suggestions! We came down Sunday and cos weather was nice we went to Tramore beach. Monday we went on the train in Kenmare and run amuck. Today we went to mini Farm and kid zone! More suggestions welcome as we're here til Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

there is an indoor fun zone place out in Tramore, most kids love that stuff for a few hours. think its called 'run a muck'.
    Hear great things about small railway out in kilmeaden.
    Cinema always handy if bad weather
    Go to the beach anyway, put kids in shorts and let them paddle play while walking the beach, they wont care that the sun aint shining
    Comeragh Mountains - magic road where the car will roll up hill, used to be signposted, otherwise kids will love a run about there on way to mahon falls, wild goats up there etc, nice views for adults too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The magic road is still sign-posted, but the sign is much nicer than the first effort. The area is just past the cattle grid as you go up towards Mahon Falls. The Kilmeaden railway is nice, but you need jackets if the weather is anything other than hot, the breeze off the river is a bit chilly!

Advertisement