Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** HL Ag Science Before/After **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Manunited12

Anyone expecting carbon or nitrogen cycles to come up? Thinking of leaving them out ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

can you use the biology carbon and nitrogen cycles?

can you use the biology carbon and nitrogen cycles?

I was thinking that but I'm not sure , the ones in my ag book make me think not as animals , manure , plant manure etc are included but same basic idea

I was thinking that but I'm not sure , the ones in my ag book make me think not as animals , manure , plant manure etc are included but same basic idea

Thanks, but is anybody absolutely certain as to whether or not you can use the Biology versions of the Carbon/Nitrogen cycle in the Ag exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Thanks, but is anybody absolutely certain as to whether or not you can use the Biology versions of the Carbon/Nitrogen cycle in the Ag exam?

I guess check the marking scheme for previous questions on the carbon/nitrogen cycle and see what points you need to get you the marks. If the points needed can be obtained from biology versions then it should be fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Yes you can! Just try not to refer to humans, like refrain from saying "people release CO2 into the atmosphere by respiration." Other than that its perfectly fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭johneugene

Presumably due to the fodder crisis? Its been one of the biggest stories in agriculture in a long time so something about it has to be on or I'd be surprised!

Papers are set in January. Fodder Crisis happened after this. It will not be on it. Im almost certain!!

Anyone expecting carbon or nitrogen cycles to come up? Thinking of leaving them out ?

I'd advise learning them! They come up quite a bit in the last 2 optional questions, one or the other tends to come up nearly every year.

Is this anyone elses last exam? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭niamhhealy86

Would it be safe enough to leave out sheep?

I'd advise learning them! They come up quite a bit in the last 2 optional questions, one or the other tends to come up nearly every year.

Is this anyone elses last exam? :D

Its mine! :) sooo excited to be finished

• Advertisement

Would it be safe enough to leave out sheep?

I would say so, an entire long question came up about them last year. Pigs are far more likely, very little came up about them last year apart from in question 1. Know the basics about sheep like weight, gestation period, length of oestrus, length of the cycle, etc. as its more likely to appear in question 1 or question 9

I would say so, an entire long question came up about them last year. Pigs are far more likely, very little came up about them last year apart from in question 1. Know the basics about sheep like weight, gestation period, length of oestrus, length of the cycle, etc. as its more likely to appear in question 1 or question 9

Can anyone give me an example of an annual plant?

Can anyone give me an example of an annual plant?

Annual weeds eg groundsel

Would a soil profile be expected up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Eoin Jackson has put up a video about Ag Sc predictions. Pretty useless tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

You know when you get a genetics question like this for example: Out of of 100 flowers 40 were white, 30 were red and 30 were pink

It says give the Phenotype and genotype of the parents.

Do you just do it crosses till you get the same ratio as above or is there another way?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭diarmo06

mixery wrote: »

Anyone any views? Especially expts, very neglected. May just do the 16 he has called and hope for the best. A lot of these have been asked before and only one expt has been repeated since 2000.

Anybody know any noteworthy ones that ain't been asked before?

What in the name of god is stubble cleaning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭ChromosomeT

diarmo06 wrote: »
    Anyone any views? Especially expts, very neglected. May just do the 16 he has called and hope for the best. A lot of these have been asked before and only one expt has been repeated since 2000.

the only one i can thin off the top of my head is the osmosis experiment. I don't think it has come up and it seems like one that could! also i'd still learn all the mineral deficiency ones and those sort of ones since all they've to do is change 1 word and it's a different experiment essentially. maybe floculation also. Annoying the way there are no set mandatory experiments.

• Advertisement

Often the answer to an ag science is hidden in the word itself..

This is not one of them cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Wrong. At least 5 have been repeated, just phrased slightly differently.

woopah92 wrote: »
    Wrong. At least 5 have been repeated, just phrased slightly differently.

Gtfo

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Gtfo

GL 2mro! ;)

GL 2mro! ;)

Eh, thank .. you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It's when you wash your face well before you shave! :cool:

Nah, I think it's using a harrow or whatever after harvesting to loosen up any weeds from the soil.

So diarmo would be right, the answer is kinda in the name, after harvesting grain etc. you would literally be cleaning the stubble! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Stubble is all that's left of a cereal after being harvested. Stubble cleaning is done after after harvesting to get rid of weeds etc from the stubble ground by ploughing, harrowing etc.

Its when you harrow the land to encourage weed seeds to germinate then harrow again to kill them. Its used as a method of weed prevention particularly in barley

GL 2mro! ;)

Less of that txtspk now!

Joke idc

• Advertisement

mixery wrote: »

Him and his vagueness! What even is the point :pac:

Advertisement