Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** HL Ag Science Before/After **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Less of that txtspk now!

Joke idc

I feel ashamed. I didn't even notice I was using textspeak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

http://www.mediafire.com/view/apxd85urgj2rxa4/~2013+Ag.+Science+topics+%28H%29.doc Heres the link for anyone that cba looking it up

So according the predictions genetics will come up!! :O Really?! We never saw that coming!

http://www.mediafire.com/view/apxd85urgj2rxa4/~2013+Ag.+Science+topics+%28H%29.doc Heres the link for anyone that cba looking it up

So according the predictions genetics will come up!! :O Really?! We never saw that coming!

He predicited soil as the 13th most likely to come up. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say soil is gonna be question 2. Just a guess though! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 C_Merr

Whats the best way to go about answering, using sentences, or bullet points?

woopah92 wrote: »
    He predicited soil as the 13th most likely to come up. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say soil is gonna be question 2. Just a guess though! :rolleyes:

Yeah its numerically arranged so that its most predictable to least predicable. So why on earth is soil like last!!! I don't think he has a clue :pac:

• Advertisement

C_Merr wrote: »
    Whats the best way to go about answering, using sentences, or bullet points?

Bullet points! And write as much as you can for each answer since we don't know how many marks is assigned for each question so make as many relevant points as possible. Generally at least 4 unless stated otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

Anyone expecting carbon or nitrogen cycles to come up? Thinking of leaving them out ?

Id do carbon just to be safe nitrogen came up last year

• Registered Users Posts: 6 C_Merr

Bullet points! And write as much as you can for each answer since we don't know how many marks is assigned for each question so make as many relevant points as possible. Generally at least 4 unless stated otherwise

Thank you! Ive been doing exam papers, convinced i wasn't writing enough even though it was in the marking scheme!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

What about spuds lads? Likely to be asked something on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭diarmo06

Is there always one expt on soil and one on grasslands in Q4?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Is it necessary or even recommended to do a diagram with each experiment? Because it doesn't ask for them in the questions and makes no mention of them in the marking schemes

Is it necessary or even recommended to do a diagram with each experiment? Because it doesn't ask for them in the questions and makes no mention of them in the marking schemes

I would put one in, even if it's just a small quick one. You never know, if you label something on the diagram that's on the marking scheme you could pick up some marks.

diarmo06 wrote: »
    Is there always one expt on soil and one on grasslands in Q4?

Nearly always and if there isn't a soil experiment in Q4 its almost guranteed there'll be one in Q2

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Its nearly time to say "good conformation , good carcass quality and fast weight gain" for every beef , pig and sheep related question!! Just 10 more hours then summer!!

Its nearly time to say "good conformation , good carcass quality and fast weight gain" for every beef , pig and sheep related question!! Just 10 more hours then summer!!

No more BCS, gestation periods, learning how to take grains of barley out of cow sh1te :pac:

Looks like ill be gettin up at half 4 in the morning for this last exam

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Conor556

Just going to the breast of luck to everyone for this, my last and final test, it could be a tough 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hitchcock

What is haylage? Part way between hay and silage, used as a feed for animals? Can't find a definition...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Reon

why did i pick this subject :'( woke up at half 3 lol,

hitchcock wrote: »
    What is haylage? Part way between hay and silage, used as a feed for animals? Can't find a definition...:(

Is this from the 2013 pre? Have the marking scheme here, it says "Haylage is grass cut just like hay but instead of being allowed to dry out completely, it is baled when the moisture content is still relatively high (DM 60%)."

• Advertisement

Reon wrote: »
    why did i pick this subject :'( woke up at half 3 lol,

It should pay off provided you used your cramming time effectively! And you can always catch up on the sleep during the, I don't know, 2 MONTHS of summer! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Peaceoutdude

Hahahah I got up at half 4 :) brain couldn't function till 6 now i am on boards pointless. aaaa well!!
    Good luck everyone :)

Good luck folk! Gonna spend another hour at it and away I go

Just realised I'm just hoping to pass this exam :(

Please allow for successful bullsh*ttng!!

I want to be able to come back and report "that was good"!!!

Genetics question was diffcult, I'm hoping I just pass

I've gotten A1s on the last 3 mock papers I did and that was quite a bit more difficult! A low A1/A2 maybe :/ some new stuff in question 3a and b so avoided them completely! Meh overall it was fair enough!

Nice paper, think I managed to get my A1. I hope so anyway. I really need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 YoungJustice

Is this from the 2013 pre? Have the marking scheme here, it says "Haylage is grass cut just like hay but instead of being allowed to dry out completely, it is baled when the moisture content is still relatively high (DM 60%)."

Thank God I read that this morning! Ha, fair play man!

• Advertisement

Thank God I read that this morning! Ha, fair play man!

Same goes for me! I smiled when I saw haulage on the paper because I seen that on here last night :D

Advertisement