Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC 2013 Business Studies Papers - Tues. June 11th, 2013 - OL and HL

Options
  • 10-06-2013 11:46pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Business Studies
    Paper 1 OL & HL (morning)
    Paper 2 HL (afternoon)
    Tuesday June 11th 2013

All discussion and questions about the Business papers goes here, following the exam.

Please keep off-topic chat elsewhere.

Good luck all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭ow9654

Paper 1 was not too bad actually happy enough with the long qsts anyway and most of the short

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

Was so happy with the paper espicially the long q's Insurance/People at Work etc :) and the business letter!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

Loved that paper, so easy :) did anyone else laugh at the last q in the short q, how does lady gaga like her meat done pie chart thing? Lol, I laughed just as the examiner passed and he looked at me as if he thought I was cracking under pressure, haha

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

Lads what did yous get for the budget? I got 6493 I think, I got 2140 for the club accounts

I forget what I got for the budget and I didn't do club accounts :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭chester3455

Lovely paper very fair managed to get five long questions done and happy with all of them.short questions were easy too.hope paper two is of similar difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭claryfray

Thought the long questions were really easy
    We hadn't covered some of the stuff that came up in the short q's which was annoying, if it wasn't for them I defo would have an A in P1...
    Maybe If I do reallyy well in Paper 2 I'll still be able to get it though..:)

Gonna learn PL + Balance Sheet/Ratios [already sorted for the rest of paper 2] than I'll be grand :P

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭OisinLAD

I got 290 in the Club Account.

So the topics that came up in the long questions eg. Borrowing, Insurance, People At Work, Economics
    there's no chance of them coming up in Paper 2 now, is there? (just checking ;))

• Advertisement

lads what is coming up on paper 2?

Sec trying to be funny with the Lady Gaga joke oh god

claryfray wrote: »
    Sec trying to be funny with the Lady Gaga joke oh god

Yeah I noticed that...

Whole exam was handy... Paper 2, Question 5 was sweeeeeeeeeeet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CFergus

Was there a mistake in Q4 of paper 1? It only said how much the iPad was insured for and not how much he bought it for/how much it was worth. It made any principle other than Utmost Good Faith work with Q iii).

Completely forgot about that! I think your right man I was wondering about that myself but I still did the question :P

Loved that paper :) Both my ledgers and trading accounts balanced :D This junior cert is turning out much easier than I thought it would be

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Brendan97

such an easy paper... definitely 100% :D

CFergus wrote: »
    Was there a mistake in Q4 of paper 1? It only said how much the iPad was insured for and not how much he bought it for/how much it was worth. It made any principle other than Utmost Good Faith work with Q iii).

I was wondering that too! Plus it said something about a cellular being stolen too but there was no price or anything included for that either :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Extremely easy. So happy with that. Paper 2 was a breeze.

• Advertisement

Paper 1 was my best paper certainly, but my paper 2 was alright but not perfect. It won't be an A for me I rekon, a B.

Principle of insurance could be you must not make a profit off insurance?
    Or something along the lines of that

Indemnity*

Yes that's it!
    I couldn't name it but explained it to get a few marks atleast...

I was wondering that too. Well I just wrote about the principle of indemnity and subrogation and I wrote that he insured it for the full amount :L

I answered 5 Q's on both papers, knew every answer and both of my accounts balanced...?! Way easier than I expected, I think I should get an A but maybe they will be marked extremely hard because it was so easy and maybe I'll only get a B...:P

For subjects like business, if you think you've got the A you most likely have.

If you get an A in Business, I don't know about where you are, but here in Kilkenny, you get an award from WIT and you get to attend a lovely event, goodluck bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Drift_King_33

juniorcert wrote: »
    I was wondering that too! Plus it said something about a cellular being stolen too but there was no price or anything included for that either :confused:

Cellular means network coverage :l :D

Cellular means network coverage :l :D

Oh shoot, haha! I thought it was like a really fancy word for a phone or something :o Ah well, I only wrote cellular in as a second item so I'll just probably lose a mark or something :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

Business Higher level more like business Ordinary level.
    It was the most easiest paper I have done in my entire life. And knowing the fact I only studied 1st year business, lol
    Paper 1 section A, I must admit was kind of hard, I would say I got 55 or 56 points the least.
    Section B, LOVED IT !!!
    Paper 2 LOVED IT!!!
    So far I am quite happy with my predicted results
    English D
    Maths B
    Geog A/B
    Business A/B
    Cspe A

By the way what did everyone get for the last column(not the shaded one) I think it was net something ?? for budjet

Advertisement