Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Shows in the South East

• 10-06-2013 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi, Is there any dog shows in the south east coming up? I have never been to a dog show so I am not aware of the show dates and locations.

I will be getting an Irish Wolfhound, but alot of planning, research etc has to be done beforehand. I would like to attend one of the dog shows and get chatting to some breeders for advice and tips.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Where in the South East?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

All show dates are on ikc.ie

Kilkenny show at the end of the month!

Kilkenny & District Canine Club
    Date: Saturday, June 29, 2013
    Show Secretary:
    Mrs Josie Foley
    Leorient House, Ballyragget, Co Kilkenny, Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Deise Canine Club all breed championship show
    Sunday 30th June
    waterford and tramore race course
    show secretary: Mrs Ann Butler, 051-354895

Edit:
    just seen there your from south Tipp:
    you also have clonmel and limerick shows coming up in august

Clonmel:
    sunday 18th August
    ferryhouse sports complex, waterford road, clonmel
    show secretary: Margaret O'Gorman, 086-4079171

Limerick:
    Thursday 22nd August
    Fitzgeralds woodland house hotel, Adare, Limerick
    show secretary: Mrs. Laura Cox, 061-340409

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ACD

I know you asked about shows in south-east, but there will be an Irish Wolfhound breed championship show on 21st July in Bellewstown, Co. Meath. It's a bit of a drive from south Tipperary, but it could be a great day out as well. You can have a look here- http://www.iwsoi.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭alan27

Thanks for all the replies. Yes I am from South Tipperary, living in Carrick-on-Suir. Would the shows that are based in Clonmel, Kilkenny and Waterford have many breeds including Wolfhounds?

@ACD yes abit of a drive, but to be honest I would not mind driving up and checking it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yep, all breeds at those shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

http://services.ikc.ie/Show/Shows.aspx

If you do a search on that link it will give you a list of all the shows, if you click the show it then gives a full list of what reeds are at each show :D

There are 2 shows in Dublin this weekend, both in Cloghran (right beside the airport) so not hard to find its literally just off the motorway!

Advertisement