Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foley's Key Cutting (formerly in Haddens)

Options
  • 11-06-2013 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

I went in to their new shop today to get a key cut and had lovely service from the Polish? chap in there. I feel terrible, however, as he told me they moved in September and i only saw it last week. I suppose it's not a great location but he was telling me it's very quiet - very, very quiet and they need business. I was the first person he'd had in all day and i went in at lunchtime.

I suppose Bridewell Lane doesn't get enough passing foot traffic. Then i heard Murph's beside the old L&N is now closed monday to thursday - and they would have foot traffic. Does anyone know if that's true?

How is the high street doing? I feel terrible that businesses as basic as these are struggling but i can't say i'm down the town that much anymore. Maybe once, twice a month. Foley's do shoe repairs which i heard were making a comeback in the recession and i have to say, as an old hippy, tree-hugger, i'm a great believer in make do and mend, recycle, reuse but i don't think many others are?

Rose

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

To be fair though, how often would you need a key cut?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Thwip! wrote: »
    To be fair though, how often would you need a key cut?

You'd be surprised actually.

Along with Foley's and Murphs there is a place on Barrack Street that cuts keys. I used to go to Murphs to get keys cut but now he's charging €7 a key. I can get it done for half the price in Bagenalstown.

Its not true that Murphs is closed Monday to Thursday, in fact the shop has been completely renovated since Jim retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭steder

Then i heard Murph's beside the old L&N is now closed monday to thursday

Murphs is open everyday they were closed for a few days a couple of weeks ago so the shop could be revamped!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 breakdancer

I was at Foley`s yesterday. They charge €3.95 for key cut and they have an offer now half price for 2nd key copy and some promotions for shoe repairs. Polish lad told me they`re going to send some leaflets next week cause people still dont know they were moved from haddens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭rosehip

Thanks - i was wondering about murph's - my neighbour said it was on a sign on the door. She must have read something wrong... although how i don't know!:rolleyes:

€7 for a key!!! I'm in shock.

As above, mine was €3.95 and he offered the second for half price but i didn't need it.

Regards, Rose

• Advertisement
Advertisement