Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a PC for a child

Options
  • 11-06-2013 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Its my nieces birthday next month (she will be 12) and she was very impressed with my netbook, and said she would love her own. So was thinking of picking up a second hand one for her, for her birthday.

Just have a few question:

Can you advise a no hassle firewall program, something that I can setup and that's that?

Is there a good free program to block adult content, but still not be too over the top that it starts blocking every other website?

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

K9 Web Protection is an excellent free content filter, tweakable to allow or disallow websites. For security the default Windows Defender your get in Windows 8 as well as Windows firewall will do fine, for older versions of Windows, I'd recommend Microsoft Security Essentials

Nick

Advertisement