Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Biker knocked down on dublin quays

• 11-06-2013 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I was on a Bus Eireann Bus / Coach today coming back from Kilkenny, and at around 5.45 / 6.00 pm we were coming along the North end of the quays in Dublin just before O'Connell Street bridge, and the coach I was on milled into a biker on the inside lane (possibly over taking a Dublin Bus).

I didn't see the actual moment of contact, but felt the coach swerve and then a very unpleasant scraping / dragging sound.

The coach pulled over and the driver ran back to the accident, I looked back from the window and it looked pretty serious. Biker wasn't moving and a crowd quickly assembled around him to see if he was ok...

We then had to get off the coach and gardai arrived on the scene and I didn't want to hang around and be a voyeur, so just left in the opposite direction.

From what I could tell / piece together the accident was a result of driver error by the coach driver.

Just wondering if anybody knows of this accident and if the guy is ok?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Christ. Poor fella. Hope he is alright. That is my normal route. Scary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Coach vs Biker = very bad way for the biker.

Jaysus Id say the biker got some fright, whaever about a car hitting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Mick55

Passed this on foot as cyclist was getting stretchered away, looked very nasty. Heard snippit of phone conversation between some suit who was with a few Gardai

'' He came right into the side of the bus, not sure if he was dragged under ''

Lets hope he only sustained superficial injuries, must be pretty harrowing to go up against a coach.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Hey all,

I was on a Bus Eireann Bus / Coach today coming back from Kilkenny, and at around 5.45 / 6.00 pm we were coming along the North end of the quays in Dublin just before O'Connell Street bridge, and the coach I was on milled into a biker on the inside lane (possibly over taking a Dublin Bus).

I didn't see the actual moment of contact, but felt the coach swerve and then a very unpleasant scraping / dragging sound.

The coach pulled over and the driver ran back to the accident, I looked back from the window and it looked pretty serious. Biker wasn't moving and a crowd quickly assembled around him to see if he was ok...

We then had to get off the coach and gardai arrived on the scene and I didn't want to hang around and be a voyeur, so just left in the opposite direction.

From what I could tell / piece together the accident was a result of driver error by the coach driver.

Just wondering if anybody knows of this accident and if the guy is ok?

Poor biker probabaly had half a mililon I-Phones stuck in front of his face from passers by..

Didnt hear or see anything on the news about a serious injury or fatality,so please god it wasnt a serious fall/injury.

Hope the biker will be ok and make a speedy recovery..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Suasdaguna1

Fugh.....I hate hearing incidents like these. It just brings it home irrespective of how careful we are, we are so bloody vulnerable.

Get well soon fellow biker.

• Advertisement
Advertisement