Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assistance buying my first bike and it's 2nd hand

• 11-06-2013 1:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

I'm out in Oz so pricewise things are going to be different from back home. After a fair bit of research I've settled on wanting to get a GS500F. I pondered the naked version for ages but to get anywhere in Australia there's gonna be motorways involved so I feel the faired version is the way to go and frankly, it's a prettier look. I also know there's the argument of getting a cheap 250 but I'm not looking to have to worry about selling it in a few months time. At 32 I'm over my speeding days and would be looking to keep this bike for a couple of years for commuting and some local touring.

This is up for sale at a dealer at the moment. LINKY

I haven't seen it in the flesh yet, will drop out tomorrow at some stage. The cost = €4,263.44 ($5,990) which from what I can see tends to be the average out here and they're willing to negotiate that price. Pics look immaculate to me. I was wondering, for an 09 bike does the mileage sound realistic? Anything I should look for as a matter of concern when I go take a look at it?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Milage seems fine for the year, buying from a dealers you are always gonna pay more. Haggle like a mad eeeeeejit with the cash actually in your hand if you really like it. If its as good as the dealer says it is then get some extra warranty if he not budging on price. Even the next service thrown in for free.

Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Milage seems fine for the year, buying from a dealers you are always gonna pay more. Haggle like a mad eeeeeejit with the cash actually in your hand if you really like it. If its as good as the dealer says it is then get some extra warranty if he not budging on price. Even the next service thrown in for free.

Good luck.

Yep, if it's as good looking in the flesh I'll be pretty much getting it. He said on the phone we can talk about the price. I'll keep the fingers crossed.

Advertisement