Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Karen Koster Wedding

• 11-06-2013 1:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭

Okay, hear me out. I know most folks would rather chew someone else's toenails rather than watch Xpose (and frankly, I would be one of them) but something interesting struck me about a recent episode I caught while waiting for Corrie. No mention of Karen Koster's wedding. It had some press in the papers, yet no coverage or mention of it on Xpose. This, to me, is unusual since everyone from Alan Hughes, Claire Byrne to Maura Derrane (when all were with TV3) got some amount of coverage or well wishes on their wedding day. But KK got little, except a blurb on TV3's site.:confused::confused::confused:
    A bit rude, I thought, and then I found some additional information (by accident, not research, it was just an article I clicked on) that made me realise why:

http://www.sundayworld.com/entertainment/showbiz/keane-counts-kost-of-missing-big-day

According to this article, nobody from Xpose, or TV3, were invited to the wedding. This is in stark contrast to previous TV3 presenter weddings, where many of the crew and presenters attended. (And yes, you could say some of them were for the photos in the magazines, but not all of them did magazine deals. Only a few.) Interestingly, there were only 50 guests invited. 50 guests between her and the McGuire guy. Yes, they married in Sicily, but this is an incredibly small number of attendants. Isn't that McGuire fella supposed to be getting his finances back on track? Or is this all image, and is he in fact still in the doldrums cash wise?
    The wedding seems to suggest the latter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

A few years back I was in her company for a few minutes (Galway or Ballinrobe races) and she was anything but pleasant. Found her to be quite hard work which isn't necessarily a crime but her unfriendliness was simply amazing. She has notions of herself is the best reasoning I can come up with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

WTF is Karen Foster??????:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Do i need to remind people about the Charter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

WTF is Karen Foster??????:rolleyes:

A presenter on Xpose.

• Advertisement

A few years back I was in her company for a few minutes (Galway or Ballinrobe races) and she was anything but pleasant. Found her to be quite hard work which isn't necessarily a crime but her unfriendliness was simply amazing. She has notions of herself is the best reasoning I can come up with.

Yeah, I just found it incredibly odd that she would invite nobody from her work place. And she often moans and gives out about how 'difficult' certain celebrities are when it comes to interviews, yet part of me now wonders if a lot of that is down to her own attitude.

Still, I am not a fan of the woman. To be honest, the only presenter I like on that show, and one of the few who comes across as herself, is that Lisa Cannon lady. The girl has a lot of intelligence (A BA and a masters) yet when she interviews folks, from Pacino to Charlize Theron, she never has a problem. Send Koster...and the hostility is obvious. She also worked on Sex and the City as an intern, so she knows how to deal with the stars. (The few times I ever stick on the show is when they do the comic book movie interviews or sci-fi movie interview. I am a nerd. Sue me. Or when they interview actors I like, like the aforementioned Pacino.)

I had to wonder why Koster and McGuire were together, and now I realise that they are pretty much made for each other. Since they are their own biggest fans. He's irritating, she's fake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

I'll never find the post, but IIRC some one posted here a good while back saying they had met Cannon and found her to be just as standoffish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Maybe they just wanted a small wedding, with minimum fuss?
    People don't have to be best buds with their colleagues, though it is unusual if it didn't get a mention at all.

Addle wrote: »
    Maybe the just wanted a small wedding, with minimum fuss?
    People don't have to be best buds with their colleagues, though it is unusual if it didn't get a mention at all.

+1....i think they wanted a low key affair, not an OK! freakfest.

http://rsvpmagazine.ie/karen-koster-and-john-mcguires-sicilian-wedding/

Looks like a beautiful wedding, and she does refer to it being a small do in the article.

The extract from the Sunday world above is an advertisement for bread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Maybe they just wanted a small wedding, with minimum fuss?

Leanne on Xpose showed a few pictures on the show and it seemed a low key affair, Karen did her own make up even

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

If people actually watched Xpose read papers, she didn't want to have big wedding, only close friends and family, (which is acceptable by me btw) also she couldn't bring all Xpose team after all who'd do the show,

anyway why is someone (OP) making a fuss on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

There was a mention on Xpose and a photo of her last Friday.. Glenda did wish her all the best from the Xpose team.

maybe they are broke....isint yer man bust?

wernstrom! wrote: »
    I'll never find the post, but IIRC some one posted here a good while back saying they had met Cannon and found her to be just as standoffish.

Okay, so they are all not nice folks then.

That's what I thought. But then the guy has the wedding in Sicily, which is really expensive. So...is it all for show?
    The guy loves himself, and his appearance, so it would make sense if he wanted to make the whole thing look expensive, whilst being in the banks back pocket.
    Surprised they did not advertise a chocolate bar ala the disastrous Anthea Turner wedding.

How does having an intimate, destination wedding suggest a couple are broke?!

Have you a personal interest in their finances rabblerouser?!

How does having an intimate, destination wedding suggest a couple are broke?!

John McGuire is the groom, and the former host of 'I'm and Adult, get me out of here....' If you don't know him, he is an 'entrepreneur' who got in on the property boom, but now owes a good couple million to the banks. Somewhere in the region of 10 million. Google him. He claims to be on the way back, but...most feel he is actually just delaying time until the banks take over, since he sold so much of his stuff to pay off his debt.

What has any of that got to do with a beautiful wedding in Italy?

To me, you're coming across as someone with a personal gripe.

• Advertisement

I don't have a personal gripe, I've never met these two. I just found this whole wedding thing rather odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

SHE may have hosted Xposé with Karen Koster, but the lovely Lorraine Keane was confused about her former colleague’s wedding plans during the week.

How can you trust any article that starts with such non truths..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Dunno how Lorraine will recover from that sick burn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

She didnt invite the xpose "girls" cause only one of them would have to stay back home and present the show...so it would have been hard to choose who stays and who goes. Thats what l read anyway......or maybe they all really cant stand eachother :P

She didnt invite the xpose "girls" cause only one of them would have to stay back home and present the show...so it would have been hard to choose who stays and who goes. Thats what l read anyway......or maybe they all really cant stand eachother :P

Probably. They certainly do pretend, rather painfully, to actually like each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

VIP magazine covering the wedding

So it's not really an intimate ceremony then.
    At least, not when you invite magazines and other crud to the nuptials.
    Or maybe that is how they paid for the wedding, with the magazine deals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

pity they have done a magazine deal on such a small intimate wedding but maybe they do need the money? anyway l hope they had a brill day & live happily ever after, l like karen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

That's what I thought. But then the guy has the wedding in Sicily, which is really expensive. So...is it all for show?
    The guy loves himself, and his appearance, so it would make sense if he wanted to make the whole thing look expensive....

Doesn't everyone want their wedding to look expensive?!

And a small wedding in Sicily might not cost as much as you think. Just like weddings here, they cost as much as or as little as you make them. I don't get this thread :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

As mentioned, I think Lisa Cannon and Aisling O'Loughlin seem to be the genuine of the shows presenters.

Koster and Gilson are faker than Michael Jackons nose

Advertisement