Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor/Log Websites Accessed??

Options
  • 11-06-2013 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi

I have an Eircom d1000 router (Zyxel) just got it recently and I'm wondering if I'm missing where you can see all the websites which have been accessed through the router ie not the internet history on the computer. Or how do I best go about accessing/setting up a log?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭zg3409

It probably does not keep a log.

If you want to log, you will need to store it somewhere, normally on a USB key. There are devices that can log, however it can be a bit difficult to setup, and then interpret the results.

The simlist way is to use a second PC connected to a hub and monitor all the traffic with software like wireshark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

A quick and dirty solution might be to use OpenDNS. It's not guaranteed as it will only tell you all the pages looked up, not necessarily everything that was visited.

Are you trying to monitor a single device on the network or everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Hulahoop2009

Thanks. I want to monitor all devices ie laptops phones etc and would like to know who is accessing what. I thought the router/modem might have the facility but it doesnt appear to have. I have tried opendns.com, it does show alot but just not a breakdown of who and as you say not all sites visited. I wonder would a new router be of any benefit for this?? Opendns seems to come up if you enter a wrong web address ie highlighting monitoring is happening! Thanks again for your reply.

Advertisement