Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seriously stuck

Options
  • 11-06-2013 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, 
    I'm an Irish student currently on a J1 in America and I was wondering if it is in any way possible to secure a student travel loan from over here as I have run out of money and am currently in a very sticky situation. I realise it may be a naive question but I'm trying everything I can at the minute and my account has enough activity to secure a loan normally so I was wondering if it was at all possible?
    Stressed beyond belief at the minute so any help is much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Hi, 
    I'm an Irish student currently on a J1 in America and I was wondering if it is in any way possible to secure a student travel loan from over here as I have run out of money and am currently in a very sticky situation. I realise it may be a naive question but I'm trying everything I can at the minute and my account has enough activity to secure a loan normally so I was wondering if it was at all possible?
    Stressed beyond belief at the minute so any help is much appreciated
    Hi chrisbrennan92,

We are sorry to hear about the predicament you are currently in. 

Unfortunately you need to complete an application form and this cannot be done over the phone.  We may also require a parental guarantee depending on the amount.

If you can submit this information, and if the loan is approved you will need to sign the paper work.  This can be done by post but it is going take time sending the paper work back and forth as all this information will have to go to your address you have registered with us.

Sorry I couldn't be of anymore help, you can contact your branch directly and a customer adviser may be able to offer an alternative for you. 

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 2 chrisbrennan92

Hi chrisbrennan92,

We are sorry to hear about the predicament you are currently in. 

Unfortunately you need to complete an application form and this cannot be done over the phone.  We may also require a parental guarantee depending on the amount.

If you can submit this information, and if the loan is approved you will need to sign the paper work.  This can be done by post but it is going take time sending the paper work back and forth as all this information will have to go to your address you have registered with us.

Sorry I couldn't be of anymore help, you can contact your branch directly and a customer adviser may be able to offer an alternative for you. 

Seán
    Thanks Sean, 
    I've managed to get by for a bit now and I've secured my parents as guarantors. Can those forms be faxed rather than posted by any chance?
    Thanks again,
    Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi chrisbrennan92, 
    Thanks for posting. 

The application forms need to be posted to the home address on your account and original copies need to be sent back by post rather than faxed. 

As Sean mentioned, a Student Advisor in your local branch might be able to provide an alternative for you.
    You can see a full list of branch contact numbers here

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement