Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing the ios7 beta?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Few things i've noticed:
    • I can't seem to change the star ratings for songs. Am i missing something?
    • Also the date isn't shown by default on lock screen when playing music, you now have to swipe down. Bit annoying when you want to get the date quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Dades wrote: »
    Have managed to unbrick my phone by downloading and restoring 6.1.4 - Jasus.

A mate has an Apple Dev account so will give 7 one more try with the "official" beta I'm downloading now (Apple servers are sloooooow).

For those still testing iOS 7 - is the podcast app giving any trouble??

Yeh beta 2 has bricked mine as well, a 4s. It's stuck in a loop. Apple Logo keeps coming on and off.

Think I need to get it into dfu mode and restore it. But I have no access to a pc.
    I have tried everything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Fundementally it makes sense, to unlock the screen, you just swipe away the lock screen. In practice though, and the fact that the unlock text is so close to the bottom makes it confusing enough.

I wonder how my granny will find iOS7.

[x-post from the soccer forum]

miralize wrote: »
    Fundementally it makes sense, to unlock the screen, you just swipe away the lock screen. In practice though, and the fact that the unlock text is so close to the bottom makes it confusing enough.

I don't like that it says swipe to unlock and has an up arrow below it, i can imagine people swiping up like windows phone.

They should really include something to tell people to swipe right, i should know it by now but i'm so used to being told when i unlock (iOS 6 and under) that i have to think about it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

miralize wrote: »

I wonder how my granny will find iOS7.

[x-post from the soccer forum]

The text is clearly in the wrong spot. They haven't yet worked out how to handle unshadowed text ( in the middle this white text will get lost on lots of album art etc.).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I really don't like the skinny buttons in Safari, etc. I know they are trying to take advantage of the Retina screen but it feels gimmicky.

I really don't like the skinny buttons in Safari, etc. I know they are trying to take advantage of the Retina screen but it feels gimmicky.

Inconsistent too. Go into the music app for instance, and there is text underneath the icon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Sorry if this has been answered but..

I downloaded iOS7 beta 1 online and was running fine.

Now iPhone is telling me theres a new Beta available. Can I click the update on the iPhone or do I need to do a restore through iTunes?

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been answered but..

I downloaded iOS7 beta 1 online and was running fine.

Now iPhone is telling me theres a new Beta available. Can I click the update on the iPhone or do I need to do a restore through iTunes?

I downloaded OTA. Worked fine and much smaller delta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

I downloaded OTA. Worked fine and much smaller delta.

Sorry, just to confirm, I can download via my iPhone?

I do not have a dev account.

• Advertisement

OTA means over the air. As for the second point - I don't know as I do have a dev account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I've no dev account and I download the update through the iPhone fine. There's always a chance thing could go wrong but it's safe to do it anyway.

Yes, i got it (as have many others... google search? :) and i don't have a dev account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Heading to the states in 2 weeks, wonder would it be stable enough to manage or should I go back to IOS 6 and then back to 7 when home

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

iOS 7 really shouldnt be on a primary device tbh. Its dev software. If it breaks while on holidays, you'll be phoneless if you have no access to a PC.

Heading to the states in 2 weeks, wonder would it be stable enough to manage or should I go back to IOS 6 and then back to 7 when home
    I would not recommended it. I'm on holidays and phone is bricked. I miss the camera the most. 4s running beta 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Downgraded from iOS 7 back to 6 on my iPad 4; the iPad beta just doesn't have the performance yet. Beta 2 on the iPhone is running well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Ok so I managed to restore my phone on the slowest laptop ever. Took me 2 days to sort it.
    The thing is it went back to 6 not 7. I thought it would download 7 automatically.
    All my back ups are in 7. So I could not restore from backup. Not a huge problem. Il just have to wait till I'm home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Went back to iOS6 myself. iOS7 was fine for the most, but started to experience a few problems with WiFi dropping at times and want my iPad in full function for travelling. Thankfully, iCloud made it a breeze to go back - all my Apps and data back to where they were! Although I do miss already the lockscreen and overall feel of iOS7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Installed the first beta via friend's laptop and hit the road, won't be home until September. Updated OTA to beta 2. Fixed some bugs, but not enough. Will update to beta 3 when it comes out. iPhone 5. Hoping I won't brick it before I get home, but don't necessarily need it until then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

Yeah after a few weeks with Beta 1 on my iP5, I've gone back to iOS6. The beta is slow and unpolished in comparison, and it crashed on me at least twice a day. I really prefer iOS6, skeuomorphism and all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Yeh beta 2 has bricked mine as well, a 4s. It's stuck in a loop. Apple Logo keeps coming on and off.
    As a matter of interest, what apps were you using when it all went pear shaped?

I was trying to get Podcasts to play while not crashing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I'm going back to iOS 6 because one of the apps i regularly use crashes a lot, noticed iTunes wont let you restore until you turn off find my iPhone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Yeah, I'm stuck in work now restoring to 6 after it crashed (and got stuck in a loop) while someone was looking at it. Can't be dealing with a crocked phone over the weekend!

No doubt Monday I'll be daft enough to try again. :P

Dades wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, what apps were you using when it all went pear shaped?

I was trying to get Podcasts to play while not crashing.

It was nothing in particular. I must have held the home button to long. As it used Siri. Then crashed and went into the loop.

Disconnected my iPhone 5 from my MacBook last night around 1am. Haven't touched the phone since and the only notification since last night was an email. Battery was at 100% last night. This morning when I checked it was 10%.

Usage says over 12 hours standby and under 2 hours usage. First time that's happened, and I don't know what caused such a drop in battery. No apps were opened in the background either. It's strange one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Try disabling the new multitasking.

Try disabling the new multitasking.

I'm not doing anything for now. Could just be a fluke and never happen again. Restarted phone this morning anyway and charging away now. Also the battery drop from 10% - 1% in the matter of 15 minutes.

Either way I'll be keeping a close eye on things and if it continues I'll try change settings or just downgrade to iOS 6. BTW how do you disable the new multitasking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

DubDJ wrote: »
    I'm not doing anything for now. Could just be a fluke and never happen again. Restarted phone this morning anyway and charging away now. Also the battery drop from 10% - 1% in the matter of 15 minutes.

Either way I'll be keeping a close eye on things and if it continues I'll try change settings or just downgrade to iOS 6. BTW how do you disable the new multitasking?

That's not normal battery life; I'm running beta 2 on an iPhone 5 and battery life is roughly similar to iOS 6. Did you set up as a new phone or restore from a backup?

Advertisement