Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing the ios7 beta?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Zcott wrote: »
    That's not normal battery life; I'm running beta 2 on an iPhone 5 and battery life is roughly similar to iOS 6. Did you set up as a new phone or restore from a backup?

I've been runing the beta from the start. Battery life has been fine for me throughout. Just last night was the problem. Sometimes the lock screen will stay on and won't fade off. So I've a feeling that coulda happened last night but no idea what made the screen come on at all. Definitely not normal battery life and no I didn't setup as a new iPhone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

DubDJ wrote: »
    IEither way I'll be keeping a close eye on things and if it continues I'll try change settings or just downgrade to iOS 6. BTW how do you disable the new multitasking?

It's somewhere in General settings, I think. I've downgraded so I'm not sure.

It's somewhere in General settings, I think. I've downgraded so I'm not sure.

Your not confusing it with the multitasking gestures in the settings are you? Couldn't see any.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No, it's called Background App Refresh. It's somewhere in General.

No, it's called Background App Refresh. It's somewhere in General.

Bu that's not the same thing, I thought you meant turn off the new multitasking app switcher. That basically gets the app ready so when you open it the newsfeed or your posts are ready to go. The only apps turned on are weather, stocks and reminders.

• Advertisement

I didn't mean the app switcher. That wouldn't use more battery but the background refresh would depending on the app. When I do upgrade I won't be trusting many apps with it. Some of them abuse the existing multitasking enough as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I pretty much just allow weather to run in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Definitely not normal battery life and no I didn't setup as a new iPhone.

Erase, restore, set up as new phone or download from iCloud backup. Wouldn't recommend just upgrading from 6.

Zcott wrote: »
    Erase, restore, set up as new phone or download from iCloud backup. Wouldn't recommend just upgrading from 6.

Not doing anything for now. Been thinking about downgrading to iOS 6. Having a lot more problems with the beta 2.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

After a couple of short lived attempts - I think I'm over beta 2; gonna wait for beta 3 (next Monday, supposedly) before giving it another go.

Downgrading to iOS 6 is a reminder of how sorely missed some of the new features have been over the last few years.

• Advertisement

So same thing happened last night. Went to bed with 100% and woke up with only 15% battery. Think I might restore iOS 7 or just downgrade to iOS 6 and wait for the official update in September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Having alot of trouble with beta 2 on my i pad 2.

I have Ios 7 running fine and if I set up as a new phone I have no problems. But if i try to restore from a backup or restore from an i cloud backup it just gets stuck in the endless apple loop. So annoying - dont know what to do.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Having problems with beta 2 on the iPad mini here. Any games using Games Center are almost a complete write-off and the iPad keeps switching itself off when on stand-by (charging).

Graham wrote: »
    Having problems with beta 2 on the iPad mini here. Any games using Games Center are almost a complete write-off and the iPad keeps switching itself off when on stand-by (charging).

The switching off is normal. It was doing that for me as well. The next iPad beta will be better. The apps will probably have to be updated though.

I've downgraded my iPhone and iPad back to iOS 6. Some of the bugs we're getting annoying and battery life was being severely effected. Weird because beta 1 was a lot more stable for me. Miss the fresh look on iOS 7 but loving having the stability of iOS 6. Everything's so smooth again :D

I hink the iOS 6 and below lockscreen looks so old and boring now. Probably one of my favourite things about iOS 7.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

For anyone having iOS 7 withdrawals after downgrading, downloading this might help (a little). ;)

Dades wrote: »
    For anyone having iOS 7 withdrawals after downgrading, downloading this might help (a little). ;)

I prefer the blue galaxy background. Much nicer IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Has anyones screen stopped working, for the last 2 nights my screen has stopped working around half 10, it's very weird, won't work for about an hours, on ios7 beta 2, not sure if it's the beta or a faulty screen.
    The screen is on and you can shake the 3d image but nothing happens when you touch. It's the timing that has me baffled...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Has anyones screen stopped working, for the last 2 nights my screen has stopped working around half 10, it's very weird, won't work for about an hours, on ios7 beta 2, not sure if it's the beta or a faulty screen.
    The screen is on and you can shake the 3d image but nothing happens when you touch. It's the timing that has me baffled...

This happened to me as well. It's because there's a Low Battery prompt (20%, 10% remaining) that gets covered by the lock screen. You can't swipe to unlock because you need to dismiss the prompt, but you can't dismiss the prompt because it's covered by the lock screen. To get around it, you can use Siri to launch an app, and then dismiss the prompt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I prefer the blue galaxy background. Much nicer IMO.

Not tempted to come back over? I'm in iOS 7 heaven. Battery doing very well and I've noticed if i put my iPhone (fully charged) on Airplane mode over night there's still 100% in the morning and I get around 19 minutes browsing till it hits 99%. After that I get between 4-7 minutes per 1%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Don't think I could go back now, waaayyyy too good. The GUI and gestures are much better. I'll deal with the bugs but keep updating

naasrd wrote: »
    Not tempted to come back over? I'm in iOS 7 heaven. Battery doing very well and I've noticed if i put my iPhone (fully charged) on Airplane mode over night there's still 100% in the morning and I get around 19 minutes browsing till it hits 99%. After that I get between 4-7 minutes per 1%.

No I think I'll just wait for now. I had a lot of problems with the second beta as well as the battery problems. I don't want to have to turn on Airplane mode or anything I prefer it working the way it should.

iOS 7 does look great, but using 6 again and realising how steady it actually is compared. Dont miss all the bugs with 7, ill probably just wait until release date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Have rolled back...mainly coz am going to states and need a stable phone.

I have found battery issues on 7 Beta2, and lock screen has frozen some times leaving me with a black screen

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

I rolled back too and I am a lot happier as it was annoying me it was so buggy.

May go for it again when it's a few more patches on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Have rolled back...mainly coz am going to states and need a stable phone.

I have found battery issues on 7 Beta2, and lock screen has frozen some times leaving me with a black screen

crap..just realised I have to go Poland next week..then again I'll have my laptop with me so no biggie I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I restored my missus iPhone 4S as it had gotten very buggy for her. I finding it fine still on my iPhone 5 and iPad third gen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I restored my missus iPhone 4S as it had gotten very buggy for her. I finding it fine still on my iPhone 5 and iPad third gen.

It's still running like a dream on my 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

naasrd wrote: »
    It's still running like a dream on my 5.

No issues whatsoever? If this was the final release you'd be happy? I can live with the bugs, but I can't wait to upgrade to beta 3 in the hope that some if not most of them will be resolved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

The previous releases suggest today at 6pm right?

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    The previous releases suggest today at 6pm right?

Not nessecarily, it could be updated early or late. There's no actually release schedule, but there's a probable chance of seeing it released this week.

Advertisement