Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing the ios7 beta?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

DubDJ wrote: »
    Not nessecarily, it could be updated early or late. There's no actually release schedule, but there's a probable chance of seeing it released this week.

Hence the word "suggests". And if there is a release it will be at 6pm. I can specifically remember always getting the news of an update around that time. It may not reach the tech sites until 6:15-30 but its always at 6pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

miralize wrote: »
    The previous releases suggest today at 6pm right?

Yeah, OTA too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is everyone just getting an error occurred when they check for update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Nope I get your software is up to date.

I'm getting the "up to date" message too. I'd give it a reset and try again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Some folks at macrumors reporting it's out now, so keep an eye out. Nothing on the Apple dev centre yet.

Nothing through itunes or OTA yet anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Out now, downloading on my iPhone 5.

It feels good to be right.... :)

At last! The .com gone from Safari keyboard.

• Advertisement

Control center removed from lock screen... I'd say its just temporary until they can figure out the solution.

Also overall a lot more responsive.

Better heirarchy in the list views... Mail, Messages etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Still hasn't fixed IMDB or Skype bugs for me.

L'prof wrote: »
    Still hasn't fixed IMDB or Skype bugs for me.

It wont be up to them to fix them. Thats on the app developers.

It wont be up to them to fix them. Thats on the app developers.

Makes sense. Probably have to wait for the official release so. Annoying. Maybe the duplicate notifications and random restarts will be fixed this time.

I know if you get enough complaints, the devs will usually post an update. I dont expect skype to though being an MS company now.

While I still dont like some parts of iOS 7 - The snappiness is starting to feel like an iOS device again.

The music player has been fixed!! The now playing button is back, my iCloud hidden songs are hidden once more, and you can once again slide scroll through artists!

Control center removed from lock screen...

I've still got it in my lock screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Control center removed from lock screen... I'd say its just temporary until they can figure out the solution.

Also overall a lot more responsive.

Better heirarchy in the list views... Mail, Messages etc....

Still have control center on my lock screen. I don't have a passcode though, so maybe that's why?

Are you on the 5? My friend using the 4/4s still has it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Are you on the 5? My friend using the 4/4s still has it too.

Yup on the 5.

• Advertisement

Never mind me. It had been turned off for some reason in the settings app

Requires at least 1.7GB of free storage
    : ( I'm really regretting not lumping up for a 64GB

Lads, try and install an app. The animation overlay looks nice

Lads, try and install an app. The animation overlay looks nice

Is it the same as the updates? App Store doesn't seem to be populating top charts for me atm. Anybody else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

After upgrading my sim is locked on the phone like what happened after the last update but it's not asking me to enter the sim password like the last time. Anyone else with this or how do I find how to enter it.

Edit:
    For anyone with this problem keeping the phone turned on take out the sim. The phone will say it was removed but don't hit ok and insead put it back in and the removed message will change to an unlock option.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I know if you get enough complaints, the devs will usually post an update. I dont expect skype to though being an MS company now.

Developers aren't (officially) allowed to submit updates for iOS 7 compatibility until it goes GM. And lot of them don't bother until a few weeks after release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Dudda wrote: »
    After upgrading my sim is locked on the phone like what happened after the last update but it's not asking me to enter the sim password like the last time. Anyone else with this or how do I find how to enter it.

Edit:
    For anyone with this problem keeping the phone turned on take out the sim. The phone will say it was removed but don't hit ok and insead put it back in and the removed message will change to an unlock option.

If you go into the settings, and phone settings for Pin etc it will then prompt for the Sim Pin. I had the same problem not being prompted for the pin in beta 2.

As I've no longer got the beta installed I'm relying on blogs for changes. Some notable additions for me is Calandar now shows a mark beside days with an event, glad to see that back. Also as mentioned above the app install animation looks cool. Also glad to see the music player has the little icon as well as the words for each or the separate sections on the navigation bar.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

They made the fonts thicker. Hurray! I knew that wasn't going to last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Just installed it on both my iPhone 5 & iPad....the difference in font is noticeable straight away. Let's see how this update goes....

Advertisement